Going to revive the server

Home Forums Global Off topic Going to revive the server

This topic contains 93 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  AnderZENZ 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)
  • Author

xRemis22
    Participant

This is easy to fix, make a quest like the other one, the ones who like the idea votes possitive, and the ones who don’t votes negative.

That easy!!!
    xRemis22–

#134964 Score: 0

xPhoenixlordx
    Participant
    2 pts

SHTEKRT

#134965 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

People these days…

Why are you so late..? I mean out of no where you want to get the Server back up..? Half of these people don’t even know you.. So who would like you as a Owner? ( As High said )

Then why try to bring up an server that was already dead 16months ago..? If you were to get the server up, we’ll have like 20-40 people online. Or more or less. Anyways you won’t get the files for sure. If Born even has them still… Faction is not giving them out, MG isn’t, Sv isn’t, and Prison is using them for a new server #Unbound!
    Like Bei, said you might could get some old Cr files if you can lol… But good luck with that.

Now on to you Ander… The first what.. Week I think you were a Trial on Sv, you made a topic saying ” Have I did good as a Trial so far ” Yet was not needed at all.. Like Wave and the other already said, you have been bragging a hella lot. Just know this that you only got your rank by luck.
    If Epic, never left Sv, then you won’t have that rank.

@Levisor and Wave, can I jin da #SitDownParty C:

#134966 Score: 0

Beijimon
    Participant
    4 pts

Aaaand the flaming starts again.

Squirtle, just think about what you said…Ander may have his problems, but you’re the one who always tries to put everyone in their place. Remind me who let Creative crash and burn again? Oh yeah, it was that manager who just sort of abandoned it for a few months and let the problems pile up until he resigned. Couldn’t handle it? That’s fine, just don’t call out Ander on the same sort of stuff :)

Ander, you need to learn how to walk away from stuff. You’re arguing back on everything and trying to make yourself look like the best. That’s not going to happen if you don’t let things go. How do you think you got the enemies you did? You wouldn’t let things go.

Space…it’s not happening, sorry. And please don’t disrespect other players.

Please don’t comment more on this thread and make it a flaming thread. Thanks.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by  Beijimon.
    #134973 Score: 0

Transparent
    Participant

I have nothing to say but…. to sing—- There was a server had a mod nad BONGO was his name , O 😀

#134974 Score: 0

dadawi
    Participant

#134975 Score: 0

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

Ander, you attempted to bring the server back under MineReactor.
    You didn’t succeed, so in a way, yes, you failed.

Anyways, the list of Creative plugins was available to anyone that did /plugins in-game.

#134976 Score: 0

cookie_monst3r
    Participant
    2 pts

this is nonsense… where have i been the past week? xD
    @xavier we are only splitting because me as an owner refuse to work with the incompetence of the reviving owner, and im pretty sure me and ander are the only people doing servers now? soooo theres a clue word…. ander already failed once why the hell would i link up?

ander going back from 1. you did fail so just stop trying to make yourself great xD

ander you also implied that you are possibly the only one with the SV files and they are on YOUR computer and nobody is getting it…. should have basically put quotation marks because those are basically your words!

4. I mean yeahhhh lets revive EC!
    NO!!
    are you serious tho? this server failed after many years for a reason,
    A. Mixed language server. The server was half english players half spanish players…. and tbh it was actually probably like 70% spanish 30% english
    B. terrible leadership! We had an owner that couldnt find time to get on the server (not bashing you born but that is basically why the server closed), our leadership was individual managers, some of the managers not even knowing what they were doing! For a short time there was basically a 12v12 braul against prison mods and factions mods… now i truly believe that is over but it was pretty big considering it lead to people getting banned on each other server O.o
    C. There are bigger and better things. EC just didnt stand the test of time. why would you play a towny server with like 2.5 GB ram with like 40 plugins and only 50 people can play when you can play on servers that up to 50,000 can play? i mean some prefer a smaller community but yeah its just not “futuristic” as i may say, there was never an implement to use 1.8 at the servers advantage…

look it was nice of you to try to revive it but i just dont think that A. its even smart to do, its pretty much a lost cause) and B. I just dont think born wants to do that, if he did he would have just picked a random owner to do it on the hosts we already had. So i mean you got your server, continue on your server, i got my server ill continue on my server (and please compared to my server rn EC prison is trash xD)

~jmillz

#134979 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Squirted fixed everything after a security breach.

Again, you keep on trying but never ever get the facts correct…

Pretty entertaining to see you support a made up statement. :p

#134981 Score: 0

xRemis22
    Participant

Omg jmillz the language wasn’t even a mistake, it was more ppl playing… Just because spanish were more than english doesn’t mean that’s a reason for server fall.. And I would like to know when do ppl release UnboundMc

#134982 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

Jmillz and King, said they will open it very, very soon! 90%95 done!
    Jeep updated on the Unbound forums every few hours or daily!

#134983 Score: 0

Beijimon
    Participant
    4 pts

Well, Wither, fixing a server after a security breach is actually as easy as changing passwords and restoring to a backup.

Again, you keep on trying but you’re obviously just lying now since this information is clear to anyone, even if they don’t know config.

Pretty entertaining to see you support a statement you know to be false :)

#134984 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

I don’t think it was as easy as changing a password or restoring a backup…

Let’s start listing what Squirtle did…

– Fixed up all op list
    – Double check the permissions
    – Check the logs and find out what happened
    – Redo Engineer World, Generate, build, customize
    – Rebuild spawns for each of the world
    – Fix back all the broken warps to different worlds
    – Added back all the server signs
    – Created a brand new tutorial
    – and many more things…

I see nothing similar to changing a password. You have to do everything by your self and there is no simple gui where you put in your old password, put in your new password, and put in your new password again.

Restoring a backup is not easy as well. There are files that contradict against one another due to different saves of the world. If someone is missing, there are errors.

What you see is not as easy as you think it is. Try harder next time…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by  Wither.
    #134989 Score: 0

Levisor
    Participant

Remind me who let Creative crash and burn again? Oh yeah, it was that manager who just sort of abandoned it for a few months and let the problems pile up until he resigned.

Ok so I can’t be busy with school? So I should just give up my future for a server I knew it would fall? I already know it was about to fall that is why I stopped developing it. Their was supposed to be a major update that me and dicedead have started doing but I decided to stop due to the server falling down.

Also after the security breached I added a plugin which bans users who is not authorized to have OP. WitherPlayMc was banned by this also since he didn’t know about it.

Don’t be like ander who talks without knowing anything. Now go sit down beside ander.

#134990 Score: 0

Beijimon
    Participant
    4 pts

Fun to argue this against two people who clearly know they’re wrong, you know? I’ll start by replying to Wither.

Now, I don’t know how *you* change your passwords, but FTP and minecraft passwords can easily be changed via a GUI. I…don’t really know how to respond to your claim that those passwords don’t have a GUI…?

All of the things you listed just seem so hard though! Like, checking permissions!? It’s the most complicated thing on earth! And building spawns? Definitely not a thing that a good builder like Squirtle could do in An hour or so…definitely not! Try not to talk about things you don’t understand, Wither, like building stuff :)

Regarding restoring backups, the problems you mentioned really only happen if you decide to restore half of the plugin files but not the other half. I…don’t really know why you would do that? The main problems that happened on the server was the world got griefed…so half of the plugins definitely didn’t need to get rolled back.

Nice try Wither, but by listing exactly what Squirtle did, you just made it seem even easier :)

Now, Squirtle, on to your response. In no way did I say, or imply, that you should put minecraft before school and personal life. Please read more carefully next time :)

But you can’t simply leave the server with inactive headmods and without telling anyone. Ok, so you added 1 plugin to fix the OP problem. Plugins aren’t generally hard to set up, especially plugins like the one you mentioned. And you say that you left because the server was failing…way to give up on everything. In case you hadn’t noticed, we have a community. We have mods who want to work for that community. And running away because the server is failing is not an option. You either quit, or you keep trying, keep working, and keep EC alive until the end. You’ll always be able to keep your files, so it’s not a waste of work. But no, instead you simply went inactive without a word, without telling anyone and leaving Creative in a terrible state that you honestly didn’t do much to fix. Believe me, I went on Creative and saw.

I think you’re the one who should sit down.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 94 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!