Innocence: Own7ge

Home Forums Factions General Discussion Innocence: Own7ge

This topic contains 51 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Wither 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)
  • Author

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

This is not a ban appeal, but everything on this post should still be relevant to the topic.

Please don’t make unnecessary comments.

#116607 Score: 0

JuhJuhDuck
    Participant
    2 pts

I’m just going to sit here and say this, did own ever use x-ray in factions Wither? Would there be a reason if you banned him for x-ray? You can say he “admitted” to hacks but how? He simply showed you his .minecraft and said that the x-ray was used in single player for a test, there’s always a possibility that he used it in single player and then deleted it. But there’s still no proof he used it in EC. And by saying “I would like to question how you are a guardian mod and do not know which types of mods are allowed or not.” Why are you questioning his intelligence? Within time to get to Guardianmod, of course he would know the mods that are allowed, giving the fact that a topic was put out at most a month ago saying what mods are allowed.

#116608 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

He wasn’t banned for using xray.

A guardian mod is able to ban which they should also know the rules of what to ban and how to ban. If they are unable to know which mods are allowed and which ones are not allowed in EternalCraft, that is a problem.

Who knows, a post can simply be ignored.

#116612 Score: 0

GuilleGamer13
    Participant
    4 pts

It’s not a ban appeal; mods are right about it.
    However it does count for me… And I’m pretty sure that this is misunderstanding.
    Own is a great guy, put yourself in his person.
    Imagine that u get banned for something that u didn’t did (possibly).
    Feels bad, right?
    50% = Mods right
    50% = Own7ge deserves unban

#116625 Score: 0

cookie_monst3r
    Participant
    2 pts

Who cares if own did it or not! He made a ban appeal and said he didn’t have it so take his word! If this was ANYBODY else they would be unbaned and last warning! But no. It’s own and for some reason, prison/factions mods can’t get along! Imaging this, prison is New York police department and factions is Los Angeles police department. They do all their work seperatly, but for some reason the 2 different departments for some reason just Cant get along! Imagine if that happenD how bad that would be. Ik that us prison mods have caused some of the mess, but I think this time factions mods are the ones that caused this one.

#116629 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

^ *Cough* Um, true that…

10.0001001010101001/10

#116630 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Nice one jmillz!

Can i see clear convincing evidence that Own7ge wasn’t hacking at all?

He magically pulled up logs and didn’t scroll up or down. Just at that exact position where he said a sentence in chat and left the game.

Who cares if own did it or not! He made a ban appeal and said he didn’t have it so take his word!

I disagree with your statement. A ban appeal doesn’t mean they get unbanned instant. Our Faction Team cares about our bans and reviews the ban appeal carefully before making a decision.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by  Wither.
    #116634 Score: 0

cookie_monst3r
    Participant
    2 pts
    #116636 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

^ Oh so rekt m8

#116637 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Hey Ander, you told members to stop posting unnecessary comments. And what are you doing? Better check what you wrote dude…

Those ban are a different issue.

We have a problem other side clients installed and also own7ge not taking the issue serious and decides to joke about it.

This requires more time for us to make another decision. His first ban appeal was denied. Reason was also stated in the ban appeal. Please check it out.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by  Wither.
    #116642 Score: 0

Beijimon
    Participant
    4 pts

Ok…so I promised myself I wouldn’t get involved in this but now I think I should.

You banned Own for Triggerbot hacks, which may have been a valid ban at the time but now, since he has proof that he does not have the Triggerbot hack, the ban is no longer valid. The misunderstanding could easily have been caused by client side lag in either you or Own, so it’s not necissarily a mistake on anyone’s part.

Although Own was shown to have X-Ray hacks in his files, you have no evidence of him using these hacks in game. I believe the saying, “Innocent until proven guilty” would apply here since you have not evidence at all that Own used X-Ray. That being said, if you DO get any evidence of that, you would be able to instantly and confidently ban him since you know for sure he has those hacks.

Just my 2 cents, I know the final decision rests with the Factions mods.

Good luck Own 😛

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by  Beijimon. Reason: Grammar error
    #116644 Score: 0

cookie_monst3r
    Participant
    2 pts

Preach brotha penguin, preach!!!

#116646 Score: 0

Beijimon
    Participant
    4 pts

Lol…but also, as a general message to this entire thread (I am NOT pointing fingers), don’t be rude to Wither about this. You might think he was wrong, but he’s just trying to do his job as a mod and keep the server safe from hackers. So just keep that in mind when you reply to the thread…

Love to you all from the Penguin Community! <3

#116668 Score: 0

deasertman
    1 pt

This might have been dealt with already because I didn’t bother reading everything, but here we go:

* Does not matter if hacks were used or not. Them being on your client is not allowed in EC. As mods(since most of the people replying are mods), you should know that.

* own7ge’s case is different because he is a moderator. His case needs to be taken into deep investigation.

* The proof own7ge has shown is not legit. Like wither already stated its just him scrolling through a bunch of files, which can also be altered easily.

#116671 Score: 0

Beijimon
    Participant
    4 pts

I think your points are fair, but the penguin does have some counterpoints :)

In response to your first point, I have never heard that rule and while that doesn’t mean it’s not a rule, under the factions server rules it says, “Any sort Hack Clients, Advantaging Mods, and Custom Clients are NOT ALLOWED.” This is a bit ambiguous because it does not state whether the hacks are banned in game, or on the computer. If Own, like me, had never heard that rule, he should not be punished for breaking a rule he didn’t know existed and couldn’t have easily found out existed (the only way would be to ask another mod, “Are there any rules I didn’t get told?” which isn’t a question one normally thinks to ask).

In response to your second point, I agree that Own’s case is special because he is a moderator. However, being a moderator shows trust from the staff, and shows that the player is considered responsible and trustworthy (since they can ban, kick, etc). The trustworthiness and loyalty to EC that Own has shown should not be forgotten or counted against him, and while I understand your position and agree that a mod hacking should have greater consequences, you should not forget Own’s record of great moderating in EC.

Finally, it would be hard to alter the files without changing the “date modified” tag, but if you don’t find the proof valid that isn’t a reason to deny the appeal. Perhaps Own DID show all his files, even if it does seem suspicious, and I believe that after hearing what Wither and Deasert said, Own should upload a more complete video showing his library folder and all files in there for a more complete proof.

So obviously I think Own is innocent, but not just because I know him as a good, loyal, and trustworthy person, but also because these qualities are shown by his moderating, because his proof doesn’t rule out his innocence, and because the rule he broke was ambiguously listed on the website and not told to all moderators.

Whew, that was insanely long 😀

As always, love to you all from the Penguins! <3

• This reply was modified 8 years, 9 months ago by  Beijimon. Reason: Typo
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘Innocence: Own7ge’ is closed to new replies.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!