EternalCraft Features #1

Home Forums Survival News / Announcements EternalCraft Features #1

This topic contains 42 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  cookie_monst3r 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

cookie_monst3r
    Participant
    2 pts

^^^ and there really is not way to stop people from abusing it, i mean everyone will have their “way around” it. Maybe even possibly making the price of killing a pigman very low, maybe like 5 bucks, because even with that they are very effective in getting gold and xp.

and for the spawners, i really don’t think that they should be able to be moved. Yes, the initial thing that killed EC Eco was the spawn melon farms, but, only a dozen or so people got rich off of those. The mass groups of spawners in a single area is what essentially killed it, because every single person in the server was a multi millionaire at that point, and not only do the people using those spawners get super rich, the people who own those spawners had massive melon farms and cactus farms above, and yeah sorry if i spoiled that for all y’all ;P
    maybe even controlling the population of these, like seth said above selling them for 2.50 USD would be the right price to me, and really just controlling them. make it to where one username can only buy 5 spawn tokens a month, or even maximize the amount of spawners to like 5 spawners in the vicinity of 10 chunks or so.

#136349 Score: 0

ZeBlitzKiller
    Participant
    13 pts

then again, Some people may hate the fact that they are not free to build the size of the farm they wanted, Which is another problem..

#136351 Score: 0

cookie_monst3r
    Participant
    2 pts

rules are rules, and if you set those rules at the right time, people will listen. see you couldn’t really change that rule on EC because you couldn’t take away peoples farms, that would be unfair. but now, you can make that rule. besides a massive 500 spawner farm is completely unreal and isn’t even possible to get in normal minecraft. In the old EC whenever they first started doing that whole thing, what you could do was give them a WE token, and they would /copy and /paste the spawner, so originally you had 1, but then you had 2. so there was an overwhelming ammount of spawners and thats just stupid, the only other server type ive ever seen that on is factions, and it is reasonable there. and for the gold farms, well, you can’t really not allow for those to be as big as you want, that was the stupidest thing that EC added, and they went arround chopping farms down, like i said about the spawner farms you cant change a rule half way threw, well i mean you can but thats just going to piss off the community. the main thing that i can see with controlling how over powered the gold farms would get, is making obsidian not buyable: so in order for you to get the mass ammount of obsidian to build a gold farm you actually will have to go to the end and mine as much obsidian as you can there, or go mining and water bucket them, which is the most annoying thing in minecraft. So at this point i think that the only thing you can do to control gold farms is to make obsidian non-buyable from /shop and /dshop (player shops can still sell them)

#136353 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

One way or the other we’ll find an easy and good way to have these Farms not so abused…. But there will always be that one person who will bypass the basic stuff.

#136354 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

“and for the spawners, i really don’t think that they should be able to be moved.”

I already denied that we will be moving spawners. No need to worry about that.

“selling them for 2.50 USD would be the right price to me, and really just controlling them. make it to where one username can only buy 5 spawn tokens a month”

Yeah $2.50 is really really easy to get and it just puts us back to square 1. Federal minimum wage is $7.50, assuming you aren’t taxed, that’s 3 spawners an HOUR.

” make it to where one username can only buy 5 spawn tokens a month”

What stops it from someone donating for 5 spawn tokens in someone else’s name, and 5 more in your name

“even maximize the amount of spawners to like 5 spawners in the vicinity of 10 chunks or so. ”

People will get spawn tokens and put like 5 skeletons in one area, 5 zombie spawners in another, and just do that for every mob. Then you’ll have /warp blaze, /warp skeleton each with their big big cactus or melon farm.

I have a couple ideas in my mind. I could make it so that pigman farms can only be made in nether where griefing and pvp are allowed. This would allow people to loot farms and sell it for their own profit. And in the nether, you would have to hollow out quite a bit of ground and put water everywhere in order to get good spawn rates. Not to mention, people killing you as soon as you spawn or them locking out spawners.

We could also make it so that only pig spawners can be created instead of mob spawners. Why pigs? Well the only thing they provide is like $10 and porkchops. That isn’t particularly useful for anything other than food when you compare it to a skeleton farm where you get arrows, bows, possibly some repairable gear, bones, and $40.

#136355 Score: 0

Leonando134
    Participant
    -1 pt

” I could make it so that pigman farms can only be made in nether where griefing and pvp are allowed.”

That would be a great idea. Some people may not like it tho. Maybe just limit how big the farm they can build on nether and monthly dimension reset (End, Nether).

#136357 Score: 0

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

sir art of the rogue;
    “mom dad can i pls hav 1/3rd of the minimum wage for 1 item in a game that costs about 8 times more than said item? thnx”
    also lol good job america, nice minimum wage lads

#136359 Score: 0

cookie_monst3r
    Participant
    2 pts

dude you just went on about 3 spawners an hour as if every kid who plays this game works a real job and dishes out all of their money to minecraft xD get real your excuse there was stupid, really stupid, 2.50 is a good price because thats going up from 1.00 and people are still going to buy them at 2.50, that is if you even implement them. also you can’t even place water in the nether bud… #KnowYourMinecraft

and im pretty sure in buycraft you can limit the amount of stuff bought on a single IP, so know your stuff before countering something i suggested, and yeah what is going to stop people from going to the local starbucks just to buy spawners, well, nothing, but again you act like every single person who plays this game/server is an adult and has a car to be able to just go somewhere and do that.. honestly allot of people are not going to like that spawners can’t be moved, i like that they can’t, but thats going to cause allot of crap,

ohhh yes seth, it is very nice xD considering we also pay taxes by the hour a minimum wage job is actually going to be like less than 6.50… but then you get most of it back in february… makes no sense

#136362 Score: 0

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

but jmeal you’re forgetting about those kids that spend mom and dads’ money

#136369 Score: 0

Leonando134
    Participant
    -1 pt

@jmillz11 and you forgot those guys that will spend about $300 over some stupid virtual items

#136377 Score: 0

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

Yeah, Leo, funny how people with money and a job (at the time) are free to buy whatever they want.

#136383 Score: 0

ZeBlitzKiller
    Participant
    13 pts

Some people who spent money on virtual items hasn’t enter the life of an adult yet 😛 So, we must enjoy our lives as good as possible :)

Loads of stuff you need to pay

#136384 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

If you spend hmm…. Let’s say 100$ right? Now that is a lot of cash to have on your Card, some may not think that way. But the way others see it as if you’re just only wasting Money. We won’t Force people to spend their Mom or Dad’s Cash or their own cash. That is their money and we should understand that.

And you really know how other Life’s are they could be 21 and spending big cash such as 100-300$ on a Server they like, hell you could be an 10-Year-old kid and use your Mom’s Card. But that is cool and all to see others spending their money on our Community.

But besides the point. Who ever does spend any kind of cash with our Community will surely be a nice person, and I’m sure others will say Thank you in Game as they use to when that one guy got an Emerald Donor.

#136390 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

$2.5 is still a ridiculously small amount. If you were getting taxed 50% of minimum wage (getting $3.125/hour), you would be able to get 10 spawners a day if you work 8 hours. That would be crazy broken if you could just buy 20 spawners on the first day.

Plus, it’s incredibly likely that people will be getting at least some money or something they can/want to sell for Christmas. Even if we made it $40 per spawner, it would literally be pay to win. All the rich people would just be dominating the economy with millions of dollars while regular people struggle to make money. The server goal is not to make eZ money, but more to fix the flaws that EC survival had and bring back an even better version of EC.

#136394 Score: 0

Participant
    2 pts

lol just dont sell spawners

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!