EC ADMINS EXPOSED

Home Forums Survival General discussion EC ADMINS EXPOSED

Tagged: 

This topic contains 52 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  Groarkes 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)
  • Author

GuilleGamer13
    Participant
    4 pts

Thanks god :’)

#136890 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

This album has a lot of holes and it immediately assumes the worst possible scenario. What I mean by this, is that this album just has a caption and a picture, without any REAL proof of abuse. It’s like me saying that I’m a 1 year old child and taking a picture off of google to “prove” that. Obviously, if I was asked to elaborate on that, then I’d be most likely found out as not being 1 year old. Or maybe I am a 1 year old prodigy, we cannot know either scenario for sure, can we? So let’s go through this picture by picture.

The only person investigated in this was ImYoDaddy. AnderZENZ and xXK1NGR3APERXx
    Picture 1: This one is probably the easiest to say “mods are abusing”, but remember the spawner controversy two weeks ago? With people claiming that mods were abusing and were deleting spawners, etc. This could be something from during the incomplete investigation of that. If xxk1ng logged into a world using the same seed, saw that there was a spawner here, then until Waveware disproved it, it would’ve been fair game to put a spawner there because it “should’ve spawned”. Anyways, this spawner will most likely be deleted if it was a result of that.

Pictures 2 and 3: ImYoDaddy is rich. Extremely rich, $500,000. He could’ve easily bought diamonds from multiple people or even mined that many. He also has a huge cactus farm, so he could’ve bought wood (to make chests for hoppers) and hoppers to expand his farm. Enchanting tables cannot be explained without personally talking to him. However, it could just be part of a building project or he could also be testing something. Maybe he was testing enchanting tables + hopper compatability and he was using diamond tools? It’s not always clear whether or not someone is doing something in an ill or a good manner. We can easily just delete that and reset his money if we need to. Also notice how on the 4th picture, he has 130 hour gap between 34 diamonds and 58 diamonds. That’s enough time to mine diamonds and get 10x more than that.

Picture 5: Not sure what that is showing

Picture 6: 516 hours ago. This was already dealt with :). Anders thought he could use world edit, I said “no you can’t”, and he stopped. Not like he is constantly abusing even right now.

Picture 7: I allowed farms to be moved from mainland Primeval to another location via world edit. Could just be that 2 weeks ago (which would be around the time I allowed this), he moved his farm. He didn’t necessarily have to have world edited that farm.

Picture 8, 9, 10: Now that’s interesting. That is the only picture in here where it would be VERY hard to explain what the process was behind that. That will definitely be asked about and penalized for if it is actually abuse

Picture 11: Taken out of context. I’m pretty sure I go to say “in terms of features of course”. EC survival before dying didn’t have anything special, had a total of 4 events, didn’t have crates or crackshot, and lacked a lot of the plugins we have right now. It would still be an exaggeration, but in about half our areas, we’re already better than EC survival before shutting down.

CriptiKGamer10’s picture: You do realize that picture is from December, a couple days after the server opened right? I deleted the farm way back. Currently that farm is my plot which has NOTHING on it.

0010101’s heads: Deleted the heads. He killed players and got it back again.

As for this “I told Rogue_art of the problem, he did not react but to instead ignored me. Which forced me to make this matter go public so that people understand that this isn’t the better EC”, I am not able to get a clear picture of the scenario without talking to the mods, who were asleep or busy at that time. Impatience wins again I’d say.

I’m disappointed that you guys would fall for cheap confirmation bias and clickbait headlines. It saddens me that the logical thought process and the scientific method is losing its value. This whole situation is like claiming someone robbed your house with a picture of a lamp not there. Could you have moved the lamp? Could a robber actually have done it? Could you have had someone move it somewhere else? What if a wild animal knocked it over and out of your view? Consider every variable before calling out abuse. Investigations will be done to see what happened in each of these scenarios. If you have any questions or disagree with any of what I said, please respond to me in-game or here.

#136891 Score: 1

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

rip

#136892 Score: 1

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

I take pride in taking Psychology, let’s use that to the full extent and help some people.

1. “It’s like me saying that I’m a 1 year old child and taking a picture off of google to “prove” that.”

Even before 1 years old, babies at:
    -4 months are at the “babbling stage” where they only babble out words that they utter sounds
    -1-2 years old are at the “one-stage” where they can speak mostly 1 word.
    -Around 2 years are the at the “two-word stage” where they can speak mostly 2 word.

This also goes back with Vision and babies:
    – once born, babies are almost born “legally blind”
    – babies tend to look at face and face like objects

Using the reference to a 1 year old is completely unnecessary and inappropriate in this scenario. A 1 year old is not able to even see properly, and can barely communicate. They can’t read, type, or even walk yet. So all this non-sense doesn’t make sense. It’s nothing like a 1 year old.

“Or maybe I am a 1 year old prodigy, we cannot know either scenario ”

Intelligence can be measured with tests that are standardized, reliable, and also valid. Tests such as the SAT or ACT is standardized, reliable, and valid. back to this, there are limits to measuring intelligence:

– Below age 4, we cannot predict their intelligence and their score from using a standardized, reliable, and valid test. It does not correlate and does not predict their intelligence
    – At age 7, the intelligence scores from these tests are more reliable, but are not the best.
    – During the adolescence age (12 – 18 years old), test scores are extremely stable.

You should probably stop using these metaphors as they are terrible and are incorrect.
    Source: Myers’ Psychology 2nd Edition

Picture 1:

I honestly don’t know what you are trying to talk about there….
    Waveware proved that the spawner could have been spawned there due to seed generation as listed in his post. Just to make sure
    – You guys removed the spawner
    – You guys “refunded” the spawner
    I don’t think the players of the town or Waveware abused in any way and that effect was still upon your mod team…

Picture 2:
    ” ImYoDaddy is rich. Extremely rich, $500,000.”
    Wasn’t I rich too? I got my balance reset instantly, so what happened there?

“We can easily just delete that and reset his money if we need to. ”
    That is just a “slap on the wrist”
    We understand, you can’t give out punishments, can’t admit to the abuse, but it’s alright
    Look at those cops in Chicago, it happens in reality.

Picture 6:
    “Anders thought he could use world edit, I said “no you can’t”, and he stopped. Not like he is constantly abusing even right now.”

If you are at the point of being the rank of “Admin,” I believe that you have a sense of common sense to know what you should and should not do, along with following the rules.

Who knows if he’s constantly abusing. We don’t know. You don’t always know either.

Picture 7:
    “I allowed farms to be moved from mainland Primeval to another location via world edit. Could just be that 2 weeks ago (which would be around the time I allowed this), he moved his farm. He didn’t necessarily have to have world edited that farm.”

wait, isn’t this abuse? can you move my farms?

Picture 11:
    “Taken out of context. I’m pretty sure I go to say “in terms of features of course”. EC survival before dying didn’t have anything special, had a total of 4 events, didn’t have crates or crackshot, and lacked a lot of the plugins we have right now. It would still be an exaggeration, but in about half our areas, we’re already better than EC survival before shutting down.”

Team, Experience, System and Effort is necessary to be successful. I see 3 things missing in your server (team, experience, and system) which in no ways I see is better than survival.

last time I was in Ec’s Survival, I added crates :P. That feature already existed.

With Crackshots, Skills already developed them in mob area years ago……

It’s #2017, let’s get some facts straight….

#136893 Score: 2

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

This is a prime example why born never gave you guys the website. You can’t even handle your own server…

#136894 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

Here’s what I was trying to say with the metaphor. Let’s say I’m a 60 year old person? I can’t claim that this is me: http://www.abc.net.au/news/image/6838176-3×4-700×933.jpg . There is no way you can just claim that I am or I am 60 years old without some sort of definite proof, in the same way you can’t say what these players were doing with only out-of-context evidence that is not 100% proven without doubt. I could just as easily not be 60 years old, as some of these mods could’ve not abused.

“Who knows if he’s constantly abusing. We don’t know. You don’t always know either.” If his impact is unnoticeable, then it’s more likely that he’s not abusing than he is. Even if he was abusing, it would be such a small impact that wouldn’t affect other players or himself in a meaningful way. If you world edit, you’re not just going to world edit 10 blocks. However, he’s already been dealt with weeks ago. I mean just look at the image, 22 days ago! He’s also deleted that grass patch.

“Team, Experience, System and Effort is necessary to be successful.”

Yes I agree as well. What I was trying to say was that we are on par with EC survival, in terms of FEATURES, before it was deleted. We’ve had more updates and features in 1 month than EC survival had in months.

“With Crackshots, Skills already developed them in mob area years ago……”

That got removed like a year before EC went down after arenas world was completely deleted off the server.

“We understand, you can’t give out punishments, can’t admit to the abuse, but it’s alright”

A picture showing that items were deposited in a chest 400 hours ago is not proof without doubt. There are millions of scenarios that he could be possible. For example, what if ImYoDaddy was building something and he bought enchanting tables? What if he was abusing and spawned it in (as it was found out to be)? What if he accidentally placed it? What if he was testing some new feature? The reason why I’m defending him is that we have a system of “innocent unless proven guilty” after the last scandal. Which means we won’t be banning anyone or taking things away from anyone, until we have enough proof to determine that someone is most likely guilty. However, after interrogating ImYoDaddy, it did turn out that he did it for his gain.

ImYoDaddy has admitted to spawning in the items for his own use. I deleted (and will delete) all his diamond gear, enchanting tables, and hoppers, that he had in all of his chests. I’ll also delete any hoppers, enchanting tables, and diamond blocks he’s placed. His money has also been reset to 0. He’ll also be demoted to GuardianMod for 2 weeks. If he does this again, he will most likely see a full demotion and even a ban.

Anyways, I can’t decide for sure without having talked to the mods. If there’s anything else you disagree with or need clarification on, be sure to reply to me.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by  Rogue_Art.
    #136896 Score: 1

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

“Even if he was abusing, it would be such a small impact that wouldn’t affect other players or himself in a meaningful way.”

So are you allowing abuse? Pretty sure there is an announcement ingame that says abuse results to a ban…
    It doesn’t matter if it causes a “small impact,” abusing is abusing.

Sidenote:
    I haven’t seen any new features besides broken signs, broken chests, broken permissions, economy crash, towny crash, pvp hill issues, memory issues, lag. EC had a playable environment, but do you?

“He’ll also be demoted to GuardianMod for 2 weeks. If he does this again, he will most likely see a full demotion and even a ban.”
    Yeah, doesn’t follow the rules there.

I mean in general, after court cases, there is something set, new rules or, something to make sure this won’t happen again. The mods that abused just got a slap on the wrist and is set free. You can’t promise us that this won’t happen again. You didn’t do anything to change this issue. You didn’t give back the community a sense of “trust” that this could be handled properly, solved, and appropriate punishments and rules were followed.

#136897 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

I’m going to make sure that this sort of a thing never repeats ever again, as our players are our top priority.

I’ll be adding stricter controls to the higher echelon of the mod team. For one, I’ll make it so that mob spawners cannot be placed by ANYONE. I might even remove creative mode from admins in survival world and let them use /give (commands will be logged) if they ever need to get items. I’ll be defining rules more strictly for mods, so that confusion won’t result in a problem like this in the future. I’ll also look into more plugins to allow us to control mods better.

This whole post has been a learning experience for the whole mod team and will only continue to enrich the server as a whole.

As for now, ImYoDaddy’s verdict may change.

#136898 Score: 0

ZeBlitzKiller
    Participant
    13 pts

Sorry Rogue, back in the old days.. ExpertMods have access to all chests.. I remember myself got DEMOTED to MEMBER because I ABUSE that advantage by stealing good shit from chests in the wilderness (I was a freshmen back in the day). Hablaman caught me and I got demoted instantly..

How does Daddy get a demotion for 2 weeks to GuardianMod? ( 2 weeks is like nothing ) Same story, he spawns good shit.. I took barely good shit.. How is he still in the mod team?

======================

I’ll be defining rules more strictly for mods, so that confusion won’t result in a problem like this in the future. I’ll also look into more plugins to allow us to control mods better.

I mean the staff team was a former staff team.. We know what we’re suppose to do and not to do + the experience that these people have as a former mod.. Why do you need a plugin to control mods? We’re not machines. or what do you mean by using plugins to control us?

========================

“Anders thought he could use world edit, I said “no you can’t”, and he stopped. Not like he is constantly abusing even right now.”

Oh cmon, He’s an Admin.. Try logicaly thinking.. Of course using world edit is not acceptable..

======================

About K1NG’S spawner.. If the server doesn’t load up the spawner but you re-load the seed it does spawn the spawner.. It’s ok to spawned it in then?

About town XP Farm.. We don’t have anyone powerful enough to spawn it, How can u guys just say ABUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE but when K1NG did it its more like OHHH WE MUST INVENSTIGATE.. If it isn’t there then it isn’t there.. Just because u reload the seed and IT’S THERE doesn’t mean you can just spawn it

#136899 Score: 1

Participant
    7 pts

This sounds like a game of “Double or nothing happens” – those guys abused, they were exposed and the only sanction against them was deleting the stuff they gained illegally (they didn’t even loose stuff actually). So that means we can freely abuse, if nobody notices it – we are good, if someone does find out – meh it’s not such a big of a deal, we can try something else.

Saying that they abused only a little makes it even funnier, how are they even allowed to work around their town in gm 1?

They didn’t know using World edit for personal purposes is abusing (that guy is a Headmod)? Sure then, let’s make a duping machine and dupe the heck out of items and if someone finds out we will just say ‘oh we didn’t know that’s not allowed’ and everything will be just fine.

Also, you allowed them to world edit farms (which wasn’t even allowed to do with tokens back in old ec), why don’t they move some spawners too? Isn’t that the same thing?
    Though, those farms weren’t moved, they were built with world edit. If they were moved, it would be done in one piece, not row by row.

As for the heads, they were spawned in – which means a mod abused clearly, you can’t say he didn’t know it’s not fair to do it that way, and everything you do is removing the heads?

If those things didn’t make too much influence on economy, why don’t you let other people abuse too then?

They have been allowed to do whatever they want until someone complained on that, after that everything, all you can do is to say that they wont do it again?
    You are protecting them because you are a close group of friends, if you wouldn’t know them so well, they would’ve been banned already. That’s a type of corruption.
    Your subjective replies are just about defending your friends, trying to make it look like something that didn’t happen on purpose, something small that can be ignored. Everybody deserves the same treatment, friends mustn’t have privileges.

You can’t say there is no proof for those things that happened, you know they happened, and some of those abusers even admitted what they have done.

No offense, but the current admin+ team (Excluding Ze and Salty) has an image of a raging group of immature and ignorant kids with an urge to subdue other players in order to feel important. They are rude, offensive and abusive and I see no point in keeping them as mods.

My personal suggestion for you would be to expel abusers from the mod team, stop instant promotions and do what’s best for the community – not just for one person or group.

Please see this as a suggestion, not as an insult.

Cheers ~

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by  00100101.
    #136901 Score: 2

Bender
    Participant
    12 pts

I’m seriously disappointed in everything I see in this thread. Not only at the abuse that the Admins display, but at the fact that people would turn on their former friends. Whatever this new server is. Whatever this new ‘community’ is. It is not EC.

#136902 Score: 0

CriptiKGamer10
    Participant
    9 pts

I hate that the admins cannot justify themselves properly. They are clearly in the wrong and coming on here to back one another up.

Evidence is on this post.. ImYoDaddy says the enchanting tables are from creative and rogue says their probably from him buying them. (Disappointed)

And here I’m thinking EC might have a chance at reviving.

#136904 Score: 0

CriptiKGamer10
    Participant
    9 pts

FYI: I was also muted for “Harassment” (permanently)

Personally I think this is a way of somehow getting back at me for exposing a moderator and I don’t think Guille had the right to mute me but that’s a whole different topic.

Guille if you would like to discuss it here then I wouldn’t mind :P.

#136905 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

“As for now, ImYoDaddy’s verdict may change.” ImYoDaddy’s verdict has been changed.

-ImYoDaddy and XXK1NGR3APERXX has been demoted to ExpertMod and Builder respectively. The reasoning? Any damage (or impact we should say) has been reversed and they can’t do any more abuse. Unruly behavior in addition this will be an instant demotion for them.
    -XXK1NGR3APERXX will have the farm deleted
    -XXK1NGR3APERXX will have his money reset
    -Adding the controls I listed above

“.. Why do you need a plugin to control mods? We’re not machines. or what do you mean by using plugins to control us?” You’ll see. It’s not a huge control, but it’s just to stop this sort of thing from ever happening again (placing spawners, spawning in items, etc). Hopefully this abuse issue ends.

“Evidence is on this post.. ImYoDaddy says the enchanting tables are from creative and rogue says their probably from him buying them. (Disappointed)”

We can’t necessarily explain an admin’s actions as to why there may be 64 enchanting tables in a chest. However, after admitting to this, he has been punished.

“No offense, but the current admin+ team (Excluding Ze and Salty) has an image of a raging group of immature and ignorant kids with an urge to subdue other players in order to feel important. They are rude, offensive and abusive and I see no point in keeping them as mods.”

I’ll see if I can put the team into better shape. I won’t be allowing any sort of this to happen again.

#136906 Score: 0

GuilleGamer13
    Participant
    4 pts

Criptik,
    You were muted since you and your friends were harassing Ander.
    It doesn’t matter if you were exposing him, insulting him or blaming him.
    Thank you, GuilleGamer13.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!