What were some things you missed about the community?

Home Forums Global General Discussion What were some things you missed about the community?

This topic contains 61 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Sydney 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)
  • Author

Xavier
    Participant
    9 pts

Man I do miss those days when things were so much simpler and minecraft drama was the absolute worst I had to deal with. I miss the friends and amazing times I had and dang I wish I could go back. Won’t somebody invent a time machine so we can all return to our home?

#137557 Score: 0

TheHighOreo
    Participant
    1 pt

Perhaps a time machine before you started supporting the people that tried to screw up the server? 😛
    It’s still pretty odd that we liked the server despite most of us also making the drama.

#137559 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

tbh doeee I miss the flamewars lmao, every day getting home from school, my 11-year-old mind be like “oo, more drama between Prison and Factions staff, time to jump on the drama train 😀 “

#137560 Score: 0

Waveware
    Participant
    13 pts

Can’t say I miss the drama between the staff teams, but I do miss the genuine care for the server each side had for their respective server. I loved our “civilised discussion” about how to run a server 😉

A few days ago, I suddenly had an itch to find a new server to play on and to relive EC again only to find myself to be extremely disappointed. I went on to a faction server with 24~ peeps and 2 mods and the owner was on but no one said anything except one guy who is pretty much the cashcow for the server. There was no connection and it just falls flat because the people was so unresponsive. EC got me feelin some type of way

#137561 Score: 0

Bender
    Participant
    12 pts

Going online expecting all of my friends to be on there. Half the time, I wouldn’t even be doing anything in MC, I’d just be talking in the chat. I know it’s fucking cliche and cringey, but EC was that one place where I could talk to people and not be lonely.

#137562 Score: 0

Sydney
    Participant
    1 pt

Literally everything.

#137563 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

Omgeeeee Syd! It’s been too long! How ya doing? You still use skype? Or do you have another one now?
    (its Ander BTW)

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  AnderZENZ.
    #137565 Score: 0

TheHighOreo
    Participant
    1 pt

Does that mean you miss me, Syd? ;D I’m still waiting for a reply, last time we talked ;-;
    I can relate to that Bender. EC was one of the first communities I made a huge number of friends on. I was an annoying kid and being around that many people taught me how to be much less obnoxious. Despite being part of the staff team, I think I learned more from the community than I taught about the server or kept it monitored.

I really don’t know about the servers thing. It almost seemed like servers started competing against each other to outperform the others. There’s nothing wrong with innovation, but it was a little too competitive (especially considering that scamming was allowed in Prison, and raiding was required in Factions).

#137566 Score: 1

Dicedead
    Participant
    3 pts

As Born (I think?) said above, I miss the human aspect of the community. Nowadays, as eSports are taking over the world of online multiplayer gaming more than ever, it’s hard to find a teammate who just speaks a word. In Rocket League – 370 hours in, still Silver 3. Kill me plz -, the chat’s usually limited to the sad but true quick types “I got it!” “Close one!” “What a save!” made famous by the memes. Especially that last one lol.

The comm was an actual family as well.
    Emotional part: start
    I remember that guy in Creative who used his 100×100 plot as a tombstone for his (real) girlfriend who died in a car crash. People came to pay respects and all. Yes, we even used /p comment.
    Emotional part: end

Thanks for reading!

#137567 Score: 0

Xavier
    Participant
    9 pts

Lol syd’s still hanging around? I’m surprised honestly but hi there.

#137568 Score: 0

ZeBlitzKiller
    Participant
    13 pts

A few days ago, I suddenly had an itch to find a new server to play on and to relive EC again only to find myself to be extremely disappointed. I went on to a faction server with 24~ peeps and 2 mods and the owner was on but no one said anything except one guy who is pretty much the cashcow for the server. There was no connection and it just falls flat because the people was so unresponsive. EC got me feelin some type of way

Server that had a community like EC can’t be found anymore…

#137569 Score: 1

Tytal1
    Participant
    1 pt

Hey guys, it’s been almost 6 years since i posted here, it seems my account was pruned or something.

Xavier idk if you remember me, but if you go to old replies of “tytal” i was there a lot. I was also a moderator on one of your servers. Just reading through my topics is so nostalgic. I really hope you remember me.

#137570 Score: 0

Tytal1
    Participant
    1 pt

Bender i remember giving you a spider head on the server <3 for 30k.. i got ripped off. (Long, long time ago)

#137583 Score: 1

Skipper7478
    Participant
    1 pt

I remember tryharding to be mod but I also remember it as being fun.
    I miss hopping around HappyTown (It was called like that, right?) clearing AFKs’ plots, farming melons, mining (xraying), sucking at PvP and getting destroyed… etc.

Then I met some of my best friends to this day on another server and I never really played EC again.
    However, I’m not sure I would like to go back it. I don’t like my past self.

#137584 Score: 1

oegaboy
    Participant
    1 pt

Those really were the days, recently i’ve been looking for a game or server anything like EC.
    But as all of you can imagine that is something impossible.
    Honestly, i think of Minecraft as a husk of its former self.

Now i turned 17, it’s still crazy to think i started playing at age 13. The memories, the people and the addictive gameplay and the blackmarket, OP Shop, (i only played Prison), trying out for mod when i clearly wasn’t ready for that.

What i miss most are the fun conversations, the nightly grinds and plot building, even getting scammed was fun sometimes (looking back at it)

The people who i talked to and miss most are: Ali, ChillzKillz, AJ56, Bananaking, even Jerome at times, and many more who have become a bit of a blurr after all these years.

Talking to people when nobody else accepted me was very comforting, luckily now i know how the world works and how i want to treat people and i like to think that EC was a huge stepping stone in that.

Thank You.

I still remember logging in on EC for the first time though. I got lost in the hub of Prison, the server that got me to look for EC.
    There i was welcomed by dozens of people, i didn’t know what happened. It was way too friendly for what i was used to.
    Then i stumbled on the staff room, i was shocked to see that this many people were keeping this server in check, or that skins were even possible in mc (i was a noob). One guy in perticular stood out, someone in a Kakashi Hatake skin. I never got to see him but it got me to think that all these people had the same interests as me.
    Which led me tp stay on this special server for years.

Really Borncorp: i want to thank you for owning the server and keeping it alive for as long as you did.
    And i also want to thank anyone who read this huge block of rambling text.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!