What were some things you missed about the community?

Home Forums Global General Discussion What were some things you missed about the community?

This topic contains 61 replies, has 30 voices, and was last updated by  Sydney 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)
  • Author

TheHighOreo
    Participant
    1 pt

I recently moved on to another game which had one of the friendliest and most welcoming communities I have seen in video games. And that really reminded me of EC. Despite that crazy amount of hate and drama there was the last two years of the server, it was still a friendly place and I managed to make a lot of friends and make myself a better person (sadly most of them left and I’m no longer in touch with them :( ).

So what was one of the things you missed about EC’s community, on any server? To be honest I sometimes wished that one of the servers after EC did succeed so that I could spend one more day with the old community, despite the hate that aroused at the last months of the server as well as a whole group dedicating themselves to killing EC (there were rumors that Alex was part of it and that’s why he screwed up the server when he got owner… even an MC server has its own conspiracies 😛 ).

#137530 Score: 0

ZeBlitzKiller
    Participant
    13 pts

Hmm, Everyone never ignored anyone.. that’s it.. sure I miss my friends my house.. my lovely castle in Creative :( but Every single server that I go to lacks communication.. No Welcome invites when ur new.. Nobody answers you when u ask a question unless you’re the richest twat in the server or the staff.. The staff in other servers I played are shite… No welcome and crap.. Oreo, you asked me how bad is that server? Mate, a twating mod doesn’t know how the server works when I asked him these questions.. Why the hell is it Factions when its call towny.. Can we raid? He simply said idk man sorry.. I’m like are you retarded..

#137531 Score: 0

ZeBlitzKiller
    Participant
    13 pts

I wonder that game of yours is Unturned lmao or PUBG

#137532 Score: 0

maxminoS
    Participant
    7 pts

What is not to miss from EC community? <3

#137533 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

I miss that feeling of being part of a great team and having a community that appreciated all the effort that went into it. I miss watching people grow into loving the server and wanting to contribute to the community. I miss the challenges as well. Great times.

#137534 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

I started playing Europa Universalis 4 the other day. Really addictive game, almost as much so as Civ V… lol

#137535 Score: 1

cookie_monst3r
    Participant
    2 pts

i miss the fights between factions and prison staff…. ahhhhhh those were the days….

#137538 Score: 0

TheHighOreo
    Participant
    1 pt

Those were some awful fights haha. It was kind of a weird decision to introduce Factions to a server that lived with Towny for two years. I think this is what brought about so much drama, the community got used to protected and peaceful areas and the addition of a server that is competitive in nature was pretty… idk salty lol. I remember when it first appeared and how a group of mods started their own faction and because the rest of the mods were annoyed they made their own faction and that was a start to a ton of drama. I’m obviously not saying the Factions gamemode is bad, it just doesn’t go hand in hand with Towny.
    I missed Creative too. I remember when I first joined this server I helped someone built a hotel… then when they introduced 100 x 100 plots I got help from a few people to literally build a grave for every single member we could think of on that server… spooky. That also reminded me of the signs that were posted around the creative spawn like “a better love story than Twilight” because there were so many role playing couples lol… Btw @S_Killer99 the game I joined is called Warframe. Very different since it’s an Action Third Person Shooter, and it has a lot of things to get used to, but it’s free! Check this review out if you’re interested. Hopefully it will be better than that server.

#137545 Score: 1

ZeBlitzKiller
    Participant
    13 pts

oh Warframe.. I tried to download that game but I can’t be asked to wait hours for that game to download lmao..

=================================================================================

I remember when it first appeared and how a group of mods started their own faction and because the rest of the mods were annoyed they made their own faction and that was a start to a ton of drama.

mate..

LONG LIVE DELETERIOUS

#137548 Score: 1

F in the chat for Kobe
    Participant
    4 pts

After I left EC, I hopped between a few games. Paladins, Dungeon Defenders, Binding of Isaac Rebirth, and Borderlands 2.
    I kinda regret not staying for EC’s last few days, but that’s in the past now. The main things I miss were:
    – the positive reaction to my mod app (shameless plug Kappa)
    – Tekkit
    – Reigorcacca, Genius, and their town “Storm”. Also, fuck whatever split the town apart, the 500k & diamonds in return from Born was alright, but the time spent on that town was just… rip
    – The countless days/mornings I’d spend in calls with Amy, playing EC up until 6-7AM some days. School days, mind you. I’d get either no sleep, and go through the day as normal, or would manage up to an hour sleep before going out.
    – The song Zevguns and I were in talks about.
    – DarkLight
    – That time on Creative when splash potions weren’t banned, so people could go around spamming them and watching chat to see people complaining about shit framerate.
    – Oh, all the jokes that were made when Born came on. “Quick, born’s on, who needs help?” Ah, those were fun :’)
    Somewhat unrelated to EC, but Minecraft-related nonetheless – MrInvis’ and my server. All I can say at this point is “rip” lmao.
    I honestly had no plans on playing any further EC-born servers more than a day. It’s to me, considering I spent over 4 years with the server prior to it shutting down.

#137550 Score: 0

k_forken
    Participant

KitPvP and the always OP scout kit

#137551 Score: 1

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

It’s weird, more than playing a game, it felt more like playing with real friends even though we were all playing online. I think we nailed the community experience, I haven’t seen any other game come close to what we had on EC.

#137553 Score: 0

k_forken
    Participant

Remembering those experiences bring joy and sadness at the same time

#137554 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

OMG K_FORKEN I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT YOU! WAZZUP!

#137555 Score: 0

k_forken
    Participant

Nothing much just uhmm college life is slowly killing me haha
    (Please kill me now)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 62 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!