Survival Reborn on MineReactor Network

Home Forums Survival News / Announcements Survival Reborn on MineReactor Network

This topic contains 62 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  2Federal 8 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

^ Another addon to MMORPG:

-We were given a very low amount of time to produce an entire server

-Born didn’t give us very much support on what we were doing “You have 2 weeks to make a prototype”

-No one volunteered to build (who was capable of the task), and we were left with a small team

-I’m not pinning anything on you, rogue, but on the first MMO I was on, Rogue gave no one else FTP access, which led to a lack of config work being done

#134820 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Salt takes us to a lot of places.

#134821 Score: 0

cookie_monst3r
    Participant
    2 pts

this is silly stfu everyone xD if only this could be closed 😛

#134822 Score: 0

Beijimon
    Participant
    4 pts

If only :(

But since it can’t…lol that moment when Wither can’t think of a comeback to Rogue’s elonquence and logic #Rekt

#134825 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

I didn’t see Rogue’s post at all.

Born won’t accept your money to get Ec back on. As stated before, he has issues that affect his decision to close down eternalcraft.
    Money doesn’t solve all problems and this is a situation that fits into that.

Obviously, you guys didn’t know what MMORPG was. Born didn’t give you an assignment, Ander volunteered to take the lead and “develop” a server. Born gave a deadline and he failed to meet it. In real life, you have deadlines to meet or fail. Simple as that, Born wasn’t the blame for any of the problem.

As stated again, I was the first one to start MMORPG under my lead. There were many side effects, responsibilities, and issues that occured that I decided to close the entire project up. I knew what I was doing and I had my purpose. Re stating my statement earlier, all the servers that I was in charge of was no way in shape or form affected by the reset issue on EternalCraft. I did backups and they are still in my google drive 😛

I’m not a person that reveals everything to the public. Keep digging…

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by  Wither.
    #134831 Score: 0

Beijimon
    Participant
    4 pts

So, let me get this straight. Assuming everything you said was 100% true without any omissions, you took the responsibility of leading a server project and then gave up and si banded the project because of “side effects, responsibilities, and issues.” Isn’t that pretty much the same as failing to create the server? In fact, it’s worse because you didn’t just fail, you took the responsibility to make it and then gave up. You wasted Born’s money and the work of your staff. At least Ander and Rogue tried their hardest to create the server and didn’t give up when bad things happened.

And then, the reset issue…I seem to remember that Minigames was affected by the reset issue…a lot! Or are we talking about a different reset issue? Either way, you were headmod on Minigames, so I guess you could say you were in charge of that? But then, of course, you never got Manager until Semi-Vanilla, which in fact did fail, which you can’t deny.

Rip

#134833 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

I was never a headmod in minigames….

You can’t even get facts straight and want to argue about random ideas you made..

#134834 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

Bei, Wither could’ve got Owner of Faction if he wanted to. Because at the time Co owner’s wasn’t a thing. Max got his way up to Ownership. But all that doesn’t really matter.

Be side the fact that the Server was failing very hard by doing it’s job, with lack of Staff Mods to help with the server itself. Yet was a shame to see…
    And knowing Wither he is always one step ahead of time. So he should’ve knew that something like this was going to backfire like hell on that Server. Then lets not forget when he was trying t push Trevish away from his rank and etc. He got Onwership of the server and then out of nowhere the server is down because of your probs or IRL probs. I can kind of see doe because you was always Mod in 2 or 3 other servers at the time. Maybe you didn’t want to take role. But there is always an Plan B ready to be did or made.

I wouldn’t consider Wither, as a HeadMod in MG, he was more of a like Bug tester or something, he was rarely around and when he was he fixed some stuff.

” “side effects, responsibilities, and issues.” Isn’t that pretty much the same as failing to create the server? ” Yeah.. But he was Mod in another servers as well. That makes more things even harder, and if Wither did keep the Server, then a lot of Updates would’ve to been done and work, such as finding staff, plugins and etc. Then the server wasn’t even getting ten players online so the whole plan from Trevish was gold, till it went to trash.

#134842 Score: 0

Beijimon
    Participant
    4 pts

I was mod in Minigames, I think I know what I’m talking about. But yes, Tavon, I know what you mean when you say he was rarely around…though he did resign (or get fired, idk which, I’ll assume it was a resignation).

Being mod on other servers or having IRL problems is not an excuse to fail. If you feel it’s too much work, you don’t take the job or you resign your job. You can’t let the server fall apart because you can’t handle your job. So I see what you’re saying Tavon, but I disagree because Wither took manager position and therefore took the responsibility to keep the server up.

Lol that moment when the only thing Wither can do is try to disprove my facts. I like that he doesn’t respond to half the things anybody says…maybe he knows he’s wrong?

#Rekt

#134845 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

I will just say one thing about wither

Though he can be “rude” or “harsh” at times (this is coming directly from me), he did a lot for the server, and there’s no denying it. Sure, he failed on some things, but so what? He could have been the manager of factions, but he chose not to. End of story.

#134847 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

” Being mod on other servers or having IRL problems is not an excuse to fail. If you feel it’s too much work, you don’t take the job or you resign your job ”

Being a Mod on other servers and having IRL problems is a excuse. Plus he has other stuff like School, homework and etc.

He had to take the Ownership of the server. Because Trevish left / Blocked from the forums and Wither was trying to run him out from his rank. If he didn’t take the job then he’ll have to give it up to someone else or Tito. But you’re right Bei, he did just up and left the server.

But at the end of the day Wither is a good guy, he can be harsh, and stuff, but he always got the job done. But the ” Abusing ” Stuff, Not sure about that lol.

#134850 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

MMORPG was an impossible project. We were given a vague description of what to do “roleplay server”, and we had like 1 month to make an entire open world gameplay server, each area hand constructed, each NPC set up individually, we had to work with plugins that conflicted/didn’t work with the project, we had to set up an entire story, plot, setting, everything and plan out in precise and definite steps, and not only that, but we had to MAKE OUR OWN TEAM, we were not handed a team of experts who were active and willing to do, we had to find active mods who were also good at building. The project was like building an entire game from scratch. Video game studious have people who work 8 hours a day, and are experts at what they do. Not to mention that they usually have very large teams, and these teams are usually preassembled ready to go. Even with these large teams of experts, who work 8 hours a day, it takes at least 1 year to release a title, and at least 2 to make a good one. With this project, we had only a few active mods to choose from, even with that, there were only a few experts at building, so most of us would have to stand and watch. Plus, I believe Ander had only 2 weeks, while I had 1 1/2 months, and even with that, we didn’t have much time to finish it. Since we had to make our own plot, most of our time was spent on arguing and deciding during Wither’s MMORPG project. In the end, we couldn’t accomplish anything because we had no idea what to do–we had no plot or setting to build for, and we still couldn’t reach a solution.

#134851 Score: 0

Beijimon
    Participant
    4 pts

Look, Tavon, I know what you’re saying but you’re still wrong. Lower ranked mods have less responsibility, but when you get promoted to admin, headmod, or manager, you have accepted a responsibility to keep the server running. School, family, and IRL stuff always comes first, no matter what. But if these things come up, you are expected to temporarily resign your position so that the server doesn’t go down in your absence.

And yes, I won’t deny Wither’s skill and everything he’s done for the server. But in my opinion, this does not outweigh the constant disrespect and abuse that comes from him. You’re welcome to disagree, but this is my opinion and I will argue it if pushed XD

The debating game is fun actually 😀
    <3

#134852 Score: 0

Xavier
    Participant
    9 pts

LETS TRY SOMETHING NEW:

How about you all shut the fuck up and move on already? EC is long dead and going crazy at each other makes no difference.

All your doing is causing more harm then good ~Xav

NOTE: This post is not dirrected at any single person

• This reply was modified 8 years, 3 months ago by  Xavier.
    #134854 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

Wow, it’s interesting to see how each person has a different point of view of what happened and it’s slightly modified for their convenience.

So here’s my version:

I had the idea of making a server that as you got farther from spawn the mobs were harder to kill. This server would work like an RPG game in which you can level up and gain more experience as you go, maybe have quests and such, sort of like an online Zelda game. The rest of the gameplay was up to the creativity of the respective manager, I just wanted to have those things working. I provided links to the respective plugins that achieved this functionality.

First I asked Wither to do it, he gave it a try and later got back to me and told me he couldn’t do it. I don’t remember why, but I think he had issues getting his team to do stuff and also was overwhelmed with real life stuff and also managing Factions.

Months later I asked Rogue to take a shot at it cause he had been Guardian at survival for several months and I thought this could serve as good experience for him. I told him not to focus on building, just focus on the plugins and gameplay. Rogue accepted, 2 weeks later none of the plugins were configured, there was some half completed buildings. Rogue argued it would take him months to complete this project. So I pulled the plug on it wasn’t reasonable to me to take that long to configure a couple of plugins and develop a prototype. I told Rogue that he could continue developing the project on his own computer and once he had something solid to get back to me.

Months later I was approached by Ander and he requested to have the project reopened and he wanted to take the lead on it. I gave him 2 weeks as well, explained the same thing about not focusing on buildings and such. I come back 2 weeks later and the essential gameplay wasn’t working, there was a clan system that wasn’t working either or was missing configs and an automatic mine like Prison has, also a money system based on gold but it was tedious to use the money. So yeah, I decided to shut it down again.

In the end, I didn’t want to waste anybody’s time on a project that was my idea. I thought it was just a good experiment to get people more experienced in managing plugins and such. I don’t blame anybody who failed to finish the project. I think the lesson here is that you can’t force others to follow your vision, I had this vision of a game and tried others to create it, but maybe they just didn’t have passion for it so that’s why it didn’t work. I guess this was a thing that I was meant to do on my own, and once I had a solid prototype maybe then I could have brought someone else to continue developing it.

Anyways, those are my 2 cents.

Regarding Wither, all I have to say is that he is not a people person but the server wouldn’t have lasted as long without his help. Wither kept me up to date with issues the server was having, on ALL of the servers, not just factions. He also alerted me when the server was down, something that none of the other managers did regularly, I even saw some mods replying on the forums that ‘we are taking care of the issues and the server will be up soon’, but neither of them sent me an email or a chat to notify me the server was down. On a side note, Max and Wither wanted both to co-own factions and I forced them to choose only one owner cause I didn’t think co-owning would work, but in the end I considered Wither as much owner as Max, they both gave their 100%. So all in all, if you want to criticize Wither I think you should only criticize his personality as his work in EC always met expectations in my opinion.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!