New Towny Rules

Home Forums Survival General discussion New Towny Rules

This topic contains 26 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  skills641 10 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

skills641
    Participant
    3 pts

If you look at dynamic maps, the town borders look pretty ugly, random here and there, and snail trails. In 6 days from now, it’s going to be all cleaned up.

– If you have an outpost (claimed land that is apart of your town) It must be 5×5 plots big at minimumand must be used as in… there are buildings on it and it is being used.

– For snail trails, There must have buildings on it, and at least 3 plots wide, not 1 plot wide line across the whole map, and no, it can’t just be used for railroads only.

After the 6 day mark, every 24 hours, if you are the mayor, you will get a notice saying,” you have a small outpost under the requirement, remove or make it bigger” and/or ” you have a snail trail, make it wider or remove it”  Or your town will be penalized and removed by force.

Have a nice day 😉

#23918 Score: 0

Stress
    Participant

Will the outposts be unclaimed or destroyed?

#23920 Score: 0

skills641
    Participant
    3 pts

they will be unclaimed, so it will be apart of the wilderness, and random players can grief it, and it will not be rolled back

#23921 Score: 0

Trollson
    Participant
    2 pts

Sounds like a good idea! Cant wait to see the map get cleaned up a little bit!

#23922 Score: 0

Trollson
    Participant
    2 pts

Well after this Clean up thing, i think the next step is to wipe the wilderness

#23923 Score: 0

skills641
    Participant
    3 pts

That ‘might’ happen in 1.6, no promises :O

#23924 Score: 0

cookie_monst3r
    Participant

shiz… what if the town owner and co-owner cant play atall… will our town still be removed??

P.S.   the co-owner is cookie_monst3r (me) and the owner is minerboy

#23926 Score: 0

cookie_monst3r
    Participant

shiz.. me and minerboy cant play at the moment… ill be able to play by fri, (i am cookie_mons3r) but could u possibly tell ttram to get rid of our tunnel to bornttown? cuz if not there is no way of saving minepad and ive invested sssoooooo uch into that city and i dont want to see it go to waste…  please save minepad!!!

#23935 Score: 0

danielxing
    Participant

Also, maybe expanding the size of the world to a width of 10000 blocks would be a good idea, since the server is growing so rapidly.

#23936 Score: 0

danielxing
    Participant

And another thing, would underground farms count as being used? I built a sizable melon farm before I left, and it’s not 5×5 (4×4 I think) and has no surface buildings, but is a large source of revenue for Divinity/the Eternity Realm. Would this also get cleared?

#23943 Score: 0

Beretta3
    Participant

Good….Its about time this happens, I’ve been waiting for the day 😀

#23945 Score: 0

Omega

But skills, I’ve been exploring and such, and I find that some people string claimed with permission from Chibichuba (say, Carson’s bridge) and such before, as well as HappyTown with some areas. However, you DO state this as a NEW Towny Rule. I don’t know which to follow. I don’t wish to extend the areas from HappyTown’s water transport system to 3 plots instead of one, as it would cause us a LOT of money. However, I don’t want to have it destroyed in the next few days. Which should I follow?

#23955 Score: 0

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

I’d like to request a small boon, the bridge that connects /warp North with /warp Blue is only 1 plot thick, and only about 10 plots long, but it traverses only over ocean plots and is of no use to anyone else, I’d like very much not to have it unclaimed.
    Plus its like a heritage bridge being over a year old.
    I had plans to make it look nicer but am currently focusing on maintaining the roads closer to my mainland.

#23956 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

This new rule is just… bad. Nothing good, its saying that you can’t make railroads/bridges that are not very expensive for claiming and that you will have your outposts removed if its too small, this is just like criticisim on towns. I request that snail trails be okay I mean seriously it doesn’t make it look bad in the map or no one cares about it what so ever…

#23961 Score: 0

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

I think it’s a necessary rule though, snail trails and pointless claiming of wilderness prevents expansion of smaller towns, and reduces locations for new towns to build. Plus more unnecessarily claimed land means less renewed wilderness when wilderness wipes occur.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!