Maybe this is interesting!

Home Forums Survival Feedback Maybe this is interesting!

This topic contains 27 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Rogue_Art 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

maxminoS
    Participant
    7 pts

When I was TrialMod or ExpertMod in Survival, I believe that there was some sort of discussion of a separate chat channel for español and english. I think that should be good because it would benefit for both English and Spanish players, while mods must be in both channels to monitor. (I think most mods know ’em spanish cuss wordz)

#136433 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

It didn’t work. We did it for a couple months and people didn’t use /l (other language chat) but they just used general chat. Even when we had a message saying “do you speak spanish? then do /l” in Spanish.

#136436 Score: 0

x
    Participant
    1 pt

maybe a plugin that auto puts them into Spanish chat?
    maybe if you write more than 3 or 4 messages in complete Spanish, change the chat?
    I guess that would be hard to implement (because of the amount of words like English) but I think you can get away with the common words.
    I kinda don’t like the idea of different chats anyway, but its kind of good to reduce chat spam. (it was like twitch chat when we had 20 people online)

#136439 Score: 0

Hypersquirrel2
    Participant
    -2 pt

You’re welcome to code such a plugin yourself ‘Zeawesomeguy..
    Since no such plugin exists.
    And we probably wouldn’t get it even if it did.

I believe the easiest and probably the best thing to do is to recruit more Spanish players to the staff team, only those that actually legitimately are seeking to become a staff member, and to those who are eligible for it. However they do also need to be fluent in English, otherwise they wouldn’t be of much good use if the rest of the staff didn’t understand the person in question.
    Which in turn i believe would help us significantly with the problem of the spanish players.

#136440 Score: 0

Einow 
    Participant
    1 pt

Hola

#136442 Score: 0

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

The main problem with bringing in people that natively or fluently speak Spanish is that they very rarely show any initiative to actually being a mod, and the ones that do, still end up fucking it up for themselves by being “that” kind of player.

#136443 Score: 0

xPhoenixlordx
    Participant
    2 pts

ALL THOSE WANNABEE MODS USE https://www.duolingo.com/ SO U CAN LEARN SPAINISH jaa?

#136444 Score: 0

maxminoS
    Participant
    7 pts

@Rogue, first join= choose English/Spanish with pressure plates and command blocks. Obviously there are lots of ways to do it. Since it’ll be a fresh start, it’s easier to do it.

#136445 Score: 0

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

Then there’ll still be those Spanisholas that pick English anyway
    Also, if you make it so that whatever you pick at first sticks with you unless a mod fixes it, there’ll be English speakers that jokingly pick Spanish and never able to get hold of a mod until they’re too sick of Spanish speakers that they quit
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#136446 Score: 0

Leonando134
    Participant
    -1 pt

or just set a rule only english is allowed in general chat, if someone use other languange he/she will get warn or 5 minute mute.

#136447 Score: 1

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

^This was a thing but only in Prison, well… As far as I knew. Zero and I were the only people in Prison who did this to those who didn’t talk in English, we both had our fair share of hate from doing this. But it’s wasn’t nothing to big.

But then Zero left EC, from what it is… Wither I think? Not sure haven’t looked at that Post in a while. So it is was only me warning, muting / kicking those folks. ( Like I said I don’t know who else were doing this at the time as well )

But anyways… When we were doing this our selfs, people still didn’t talk in English… Maybe a few, yet if they needed any help from a Staff it was very hard to understand their English.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by  2Federal. Reason: Offset
    #136450 Score: 0

ZeBlitzKiller
    Participant
    13 pts

Yes, the muting part doesn’t work as me and the mod team in Faction did try to warn or mute people who spoke other languages however it didn’t changed anything..

#136451 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

“ALL THOSE WANNABEE MODS USE https://www.duolingo.com/ SO U CAN LEARN SPAINISH jaa? ”

This is really good advice. I learned a lot of spanish using duolingo.com

I’m not sponsored.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!