How did you get your nickname?

Home Forums Global Off topic How did you get your nickname?

This topic contains 42 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  TheHighOreo 10 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

ASTOGaming
    Participant

I combined the first letter of my name and the last three letters of my surname and got ASTO and then randomly added gaming xD

#26680 Score: 0

BlazeBeats
    Participant

Well pretty simple actually my favorite mob is a Blaze and my favorite headphones at that time was Beats by dre. So I combined those two and my username was BlazeBeats

#33053 Score: 0

Sydamon Cinnamon
    Participant

Zev can I have that account???

#33445 Score: 0

Marxguy245
    Participant

Guess I’ll do both my accounts. Marxguy245-Marx was a character from Kirby Super Star Ultra and I really liked is name, so I used it as my username for most of my games that required one. The 245 are just random numbers.
    Cordog925-Cordog was a nickname I’ve been called for a while, and it stuck. 925 refers to my birth date.

#33469 Score: 0

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

I pried mine from the corpse of the original ADCKnight and then ate it to make it my own. O_o

I think I’ve told the story of how I got my name before, but here it is again for those that missed it:

Back in 1998 I came across a ASCII rogue-like called Ancient Domains of Mystery (ADOM)
    About half way though the Caverns of Chaos I came across a random NPC called Ancient Dwarf, decided to fight him for some reason and he 1 hit killed my very powerful fighter who was like level 20, and ADOM has permadeath, so had to start again.
    This time as a Necromancer and in a different dungeon called the Infinite Dungeon (or something like that) I made it like 50 floors down before coming across a creature called a Chaos Knight, I sent my armies of undead against him and he cut through them like butter before pulverizing me.
    Damn those Ancient Dwarves, Chaos Knights, they’re way overpowered, Imagine If they had a baby… would he be an Ancient Dwarven Chaos Knight?
    And from then on I went to play Neverwinter Nights, which allowed you to create characters with really long in-game names, I made a Dwarven Fighter and remembering back to my previous experience with ADOM picked the name ‘Ancient Dwarven Chaos Knight’

Later games (Like Minecraft) had character limits on in-game names, So I would either abbreviate it to ADCK or ADCKnight.

#33470 Score: 0

skills641
    Participant
    3 pts

When I went to a game shack for the first time as a little child I was, I never made a username before and I couldn’t think of a name, then my friend got a bag of skittles and said, just call yourself skittles; I said skittles to be my username, but I said it wrong and I said skills. For the 641, the first MMO I joined was Runescape, and ‘shockingly’ username ‘skills’ was taken, and the computer said, is skills641 okay? Why not? -accept-

#33473 Score: 0

vsub391
    Participant

My name is the first letter of my first name with the first 3 letters of my last name. The 391 was taken from my favorite youtuber at the time (mismag822). I liked the three numbers at the end so I chose 3 random numbers. Not as interesting as ADCK’s or skills but ok :P.

#33475 Score: 0

Nhu
    Participant
    -1 pt

I laughed so hard reading all of this, no offence. So when I first started playing Minecraft, my brother helped me download it. Since it was a cracked launcher, my brother put “Nhu” since it was my first name and he didn’t know what else to put there, then when I started playing SMP, I forgot to change my username, but when I realized it, it was too late, so yeahhhh.

#33476 Score: 0

skills641
    Participant
    3 pts

“….it ‘was’ my first name…. ” 😮

• This reply was modified 10 years, 7 months ago by  skills641.
    #33478 Score: 0

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

Hah, I always assumed Nhu was a way of saying ‘New’ like how people are always purposely misspelling words these days.

#33479 Score: 0

PirateBooty
    Participant

Hehe, I always nhew that it was after your first name 😀

#33480 Score: 0

Trollson
    Participant
    2 pts

Well my name evolved from the following events: So my friends dad was joking about making an xbox account called “Trolldad” and trolling the crap out of people in video games. And then my friend said “Hey dad! It would be awesome if my name was “Trollson”! So he never did anything with the name and i couldn’t think of a good username so i chose Trollson not because i want to troll people but because i couldn’t figure out a username xD

#33482 Score: 0

Sydamon Cinnamon
    Participant

I brought this post up again didn’t I ???

#33484 Score: 0

Waveware
    Participant
    13 pts

I was 8 at the time and I was playing at an warehouse where my dad was working, I was playing Pokemon Emerald then I just started and I need a username, I was like “Oh look the ocean’s waving””Wave… Ware? Waveware? “ohok.” That’s how I got mah name :3

#33488 Score: 0

takoballball
    Participant

First the word tako. Thers this anime and i like and the main character is called takumi. For some reason it sounds like tako to me? i dunno den i thought ill just use it the name tako. So i started using takoyaki a japanese delicacy and all that. Den one day i love creating many accounts for my game and takoyaki was used. And since takoyaki is octopus meat and its the shape of a ball, i just name it takoball~ I was childish at that time and used ball twice hence takoballball. 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!