Goodbye ADCK..You will forever be remmembered :'(

Home Forums Survival General discussion Goodbye ADCK..You will forever be remmembered :'(

This topic contains 30 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  ADCKnight 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
  • Author

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

No skills you have good intentions, I understand that.

Good intentions won’t cure lag, and neither will removing my farm.

#57404 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

I just checked your farm. I see its a manual farm. I am discussing with the headmods the possibility of setting the height rule only for automated farms with hoppers and stuff. I dont believe manual farms cause lag, I guess they do only when activated, as long as the entire tower farm is not activated at once I guess it wont harm the server.

#57405 Score: 0

skills641
    Participant
    3 pts

I’m all about fair play ADCK, plus you said removed. I said I was willing to put your melon farm into 30 blocks layers and put them side by side. Or instead of that, you could have multiple public farms, depending on how many 30 blocks your farm makes, and it would give a reason to other players to come to your town and see more than just ‘your shop.’ They can see all the art you put into your town, instead of the Wooden blocks, and special block trees you made

#57407 Score: 0

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

Skills, it goes from bedrock to near height limit and takes up 6 plots, to separate it into 30 block tall chunks and retain functionality would take up roughly 50 to 60 plots, probably more since it was made not conforming to chunk sizes.
    Due to the unimplemented rules about upkeep I had to abandon 50% of my town because I was lead to believe the rule would be implemented, and I would not have been able to cover the costs of all those plots, simply put I don’t have the room for it, and more importantly 60 plots of farms would be an eyesore.

And even more importantly, why would I do that now when these new rules show that nothing is protected anymore, there’s no land security or any indication that my land is going to remain as it is, its 30 blocks tall this month, what will it be next month? What about other buildings? Will my nether tower be decreed too tall one day? Where has my town protection gone?

Up until now I had faith my town would remain untouched and protected for as long as minecraft and eternal cracked exist as the only one who could modify it is me, that the towny protection plugin would protect it, that the admins would look after it if all else failed…

That’s all changed now, the previous sacrifices I made I did in duress and it turned out that I didn’t even need to do at all as the rules were not implemented. I could have kept Utopia and North and their great builds.
    But it was ME who chose to sacrifice part of my town. Even if that sacrifice was in vain.
    You’ve taken that control away from me this time, I have no choice, you’re going to start removing things from my town without my consent or permission. That is a drastic change.

And you still don’t seem to understand how much this farm cost me, I literally spent over 100 hours ONE HUNDRED REAL HOURS making this farm, I poured more hours into than most people ever even play on this server, More hours than is spent building entire towns. I dug six plots from bedrock to sky, it was underwater do you have any idea how much work clearing 6 plots of water takes without creative, I demolished it and rebuilt it twice, The first day I joined the server, where did I start? the farm. This farm is over two years old, I say hundreds of people have used it, but its more likely thousands. So yes, when you take that away from me, I get angry, I get disappointed, I want to leave and scream and fight it.

#57408 Score: 0

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

Note: I said two years, that’s an estimate, no idea how old the server is…

#57410 Score: 0

MrThanos
    Participant

Goodbye ADCKnight):.

#57411 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

The server is in fact 2 years old. We have revised the rules thanks to your input. Seems like manual farms will remain without height limit, but modifications will have to be made if those farms activate all floors at once and such stuff that may drastically affect performance on the server. We are still discussing the idea of encouraging cacti farming now that its becoming a redstone-less task.

#57419 Score: 0

Aidan Nye
    Participant
    12 pts

First Cya ADCK and I can understand why your leaving
    2nd on a different note if he built his melon farm like the most of us did he would have used a Redstone tower to activate each floor and a Redstone torch takes 1 tick to turn on and another tick to turn off thus each floor is activated 1 at a time on top of that if manual farms are allowed why couldn’t all or auto farms be made manual instead of completely removing them and wasting all the time we put into them.

#68202 Score: 0

RazorThunder
    Participant

So… Sad.
    GodProxy is ADCKted to ADCK, and he left.

I hope that we learn a lot from this topic. WE still have a lot to do to make ourselves better. ADCK, I hope that you can find true happiness in your life.

#68208 Score: 0

takoballball
    Participant

^ wow. Dragging up such an old post

#135257 Score: 0

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

^ wow. Dragging up such an old post

Thread necromancy is bad, people should never do it.

I miss GodProxy and Takoballball, I miss everyone from my town too, I miss Born and Skillz, I miss all the old towns and their residents, I miss Blue Sky Mines (I really thought that city would stand forever) I miss stirring the pot and causing trouble, I miss being generous to and giving out donorship to GodProxy just because he brought a smile to my face, I miss harassing people who build their dirt shacks in the wilderness ***JOIN A TOWN*** and surrounding their dirt shacks in 20 stacks TNT and various lava/water traps that would be triggered the moment they logged in… O_o

#135258 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

I miss you too ADCKnight. I still remember when you were in my town in Tekkit, it was awesome while it lasted.

#135265 Score: 0

Xavier
    Participant
    9 pts

I still have the EC map before the 1.8 ultra reset (where the whole map was wiped) if you want it that is (its 7GB)

#135266 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

^ Well it was up for download XD

#135282 Score: 0

Xavier
    Participant
    9 pts

Well they had already reset a lot of the wilderness in the one up for download. The map i have is unreset and 99% original.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!