EC revival?

Home Forums Global Feedbacks / Suggestions EC revival?

This topic contains 22 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by  Rogue_Art 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Participant
    7 pts

Ever since the real EC disappeared, some people have tried to rebuild it. Sadly, all attempts so far to revive our great server failed tremendously.
    These days I’ve been trying out the most recent server using the name of EternalCraft, and I got to say, I’m very disappointed. A bunch of unexperienced mods (kids as I would call them) created a server full of abuse, where they make decisions without arguments, promote random people in short time for no actual reason and punish players without proof. Ofc, I’m not talking about all the mods, but the most of them.
    I just wanted to tell you, that I wouldn’t suggest you even trying to take a sneak peek into that server, you will just waste your time.
    I would really look forward to see a good server again, run by people who are not obsessed with having power and who are mature enough to moderate such a community.
    Here is just one random example of abusing (W/E’d cactus farm owned by a ‘mod’):

View post on imgur.com

Greetings to all EC community members and old friends!

#136780 Score: 1

Mr_Tito361
    Participant
    -5 pt

Agree ^^^^

#136781 Score: 3

CriptiKGamer10
    Participant
    9 pts

Vote up

#136783 Score: 0

vishu101
    Participant
    10 pts

that was dealt with approximately 2 weeks ago, any new reports bud?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by  vishu101.
    #136785 Score: 1

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

It was funny looking at a farm W.E on that is like 350+ blocks high…. The Skills right there are 10/10

Ayyyy the Staff aren’t all ” Kids ” Lmao they’re mostly old wash up people who wanted something back. A person goes from EX-Mod goes from a G-Mod to a damn Admin in 2 weeks holy s*it that person is really lucky to have his job.

Hmmm… I wonder who got those Heads inside the Town? I’m sure everyone wasn’t online in the opening of the server and just got their own head to place inside the Head. Oh wait….. Oopps! You can do what you wish! Man…. I forgot all about that.

I wouldn’t call this server a ” Fail ” That itself is dumb to say… Just yet. About everyone I talk in this Team seems to not know wtf he/she is doing, or as if they don’t care about their role or place inside the Team…. Then let’s not forget what to do on the Server.

The cold part about this EC is that the people who came up with this idea… Wanted to use Born’s Website, it’s just sad to see… What could of fuckin’ server opens up without any Website? The only people I see doing that are the people who don’t care about their Server and just hope for the best. Why use Born’s website when you can pay and make your own? That is just wrong hell I even Email Born myself telling him if we could use the Website since Ander or Chris couldn’t do it. Inside the Email Born is telling me no you can’t use the website, you guys have to find your own.

Hell…. I was shock he let chris take the name of the Server for grabs let alone the website. But let’s look at it… When Born left the Website had like 2years on it before going down, I’m guessing he took the Server host money and put it all into the Website. Oh yeah… The website is like 1-5$ a Month. If you can’t get that much money up then you shouldn’t have a Server up in the damn first place. Yeah I heard you guys are making a new Website and all but that should’ve been dealt with itself before the Server open up.

#136787 Score: 0

SuperCoolNinja
    Participant
    1 pt

Come on, stop having sich a negative attitude! Together we can rebuild EC better than the old one!

#136788 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

How can anyone build something again when everyone you knew wants to turn on you or just doesn’t like you? I wouldn’t want to be in a Team when others have negative problems of me or another person. Just… Doesn’t add up.

” Together we can rebuild EC better than the old one! ”

Uhhh…. No. This EC is more worst than when Alex was Owner on EC before. Trust me Alex was bad at his Job, the story of him itself is long.

Like I said before a Website should’ve been done or been in the making. Not 2 weeks after the Server was open. It only makes the Owner look cheap and use others websites such as BornCorp’s. This forums was mostly use for people who just wanted to hang and chill and talk, but now it went into another EC that probably won’t make it.

Since we’re on the topic of EC why not talk about how the ” Other ” Servers are going to work out? Such as Prison, Faction, MG, and CR? Because I’m sure it won’t just be Sv for long. Yeah I heard something about… Getting more Donations for the Server will have more Servers to this EC, question is who will even donate and will it be worth wild for the Players? Because if there is only Keys, Cool nicknames, and /fly. Last EC had a ton of Perks that were cut up into other Servers, such as Prison or Faction and etc.

Yeah it may seem like I’m just stepping all over everyone’s dreams for EC again, but you got to look at the facts, and just face them. Born wanted EC again too but he wasn’t going to re-build it over again. There are a ton of things that aren’t the same and overall not fun anymore. Hell… A Community like this does this kind of thing, people just grow old of it and just leave, yet we got those who want to get mad because he/she left and won’t face the fears of it.

Just to some up problems right now.

-Fast Promotions. Uhh, no. Who get’s to Admin within 2 weeks? Explain this to me bro because I would like the information of this. If you knew he/she was going to get Admin within that much time then that person should’ve been Promoted to Admin just to save the problems.

-Website. Oh boy, I don’t know how many times I’ve said / told this on here but I’m going to do it again. Without a Website means no Donors or if anyone even wants to buy anything but /fly. There should always be a website on every upcoming Server. There shouldn’t be no ” Opps I forgot to make a Website… Well damn.. Guess I’ll use Borncorp’s website for now. Lmao he won’t mind ^_^ ” That there is just sad. If you know you’re going to make a Server there should be a Website in the making or ready already. No waiting longer for something that should’ve been added.

-Donors…. I wonder who else is going to buy /fly and rank Iron smh. Because as far as I’m looking into things the perks for Sv or small and will be dumb anyways. There is probly going to be Perks you won’t be able to use till new Servers…. Or will there be any new Servers due to low donors? Not saying there won’t be any Donors ofc not that is dumb it’s EC after all. There will be a few people, but other then that no.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by  2Federal.
    #136789 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

This is under investigation. We have new evidence that could prove that your spawners weren’t world editted and could restore your town.

Also tavon, this is called EC beta (or in-dev) for a reason. We will be releasing a website + donor ranks on Sunday or Monday PST. Also, our original plan was that borncorp was going to give us the website. His lack of communication with us didn’t clarify that and now we are having to make our website past beta release.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by  Rogue_Art.
    #136792 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

Lmao Smh.

https://gyazo.com/ae8b9ce18afa8d8389d6a35444088aaf

This was last month and I even think before this EC even came out. He told Ander and Chris about getting their own Website and you guys don’t know about that? Lmao how can you send someone an Email and then not know what he said? Hell… If they didn’t know then that was fine smh. All they had to do was let Chris know about making his own website since they couldn’t use this one, and Chris could’ve made his own website and could’ve been in the making before hand.

I even told you guys about the Email he gave me, and seem to not care at the time so they left it alone. If they cared about it then a site could’ve been in the making way before EC came back out, it wouldn’t have to be open the Server first and then….! Start making a Site. That there doesn’t just add up.

Yeah, yeah, it’s in Beta mode no one cares to be honest, but anyways like I said if you if a server is in Beta Mode then a Website should be as well, or should’ve been in Beta mode, no need to wait weeks after and then say something about a Server…

#136793 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

RESULTS OF THE INVESTIGATION:

Verdict: Your spawners have been deleted and will not be replaced because they are proven without a reasonable doubt that they do not exist in the regular world.

Results of the investigation: Our control server which has the same map from 3 weeks ago (before even three towns were made) showed us that the mineshaft did have 2 cave spider spawners in the same y level four blocks away. HOWEVER, we have created the same exact world in single player in 1.8 (what I use) and in 1.8.8 (what the server runs on) only to find that there was one spawner where you said there were two.

So far we have also found out that where you had 5 spawners (I believe 4 cave spider and 1 skeleton), actually had only two spawners. One cave spider and one skeleton. One cave spider spawner is already at that location so we will only refund a skeleton spawner.

Reasoning for this verdict: If the world had generated so that these misplaced spawners had not been created in these locations, then we wouldn’t have to worry about this issue. This is the same as an error where a chunk, made completely out of diamond blocks, spawns. Just because you found it and “it was there”, does not mean that it is not an error and that it’s not supposed to be there. We would deal with both of these in the same way, deleting the chunk like deleting the spawner since those are both not supposed to exist there and shouldn’t be there anyways.

Evidence: http://imgur.com/a/YmJRe for spawners in the map that our server uses. http://imgur.com/a/mtISC for spawners in a world created with the same seed as our server world. If you believe this information is forged then go look for yourself. We will PM the server seed.

In the end, it’s no use trying to blame mods for just doing their jobs. In fact, I would commend xXK1NGR3APERXx and the rest of the staff team for actually noticing and saying “hey something’s a little off here”. Next time, instead of calling the mod team inexperienced and abusive, you could help support your argument that your spawner was actually there.

You will be refunded for 3 spawners, 2 of which you have already received, and 1 skeleton spawner you have yet to receive. You have been refunded of everything that you are supposed to have (according to evidence). If you thought that any part of this investigation is questionable or lacking, then you may contact me in-game or on skype (live:altoraries).

#136794 Score: 0

xXK1NGxR3APERXx
    Participant

As to rogues reply: you wont get the seed if you dont believe, we’ll post a youtube video stating the proof.

#136796 Score: 1

Waveware
    Participant
    13 pts

Reply to: RESULTS OF THE INVESTIGATION:

We have conducted our own investigation into this matter and we have concluded that it is not a glitch.

The world is generated based on a seed. The seed is used to generate chunks, which will always hold the same NBT Format as any other time that the seed is used to generate a world. This include the NBT Tag “TerrainPopulated”. This tag checks if the chunk is supposed to have a generated structure or not. Generated structures are structures such as mine-shafts, ore veins, trees, ravines, strongholds, lakes and so on.

You claim that it is a “glitch”. It is in-fact not a glitch, because every single seed generation is NOT exactly the same. Look at this example:
    maxminoS generated two worlds with the exact same seedand went to the exact same coordinate and faced the same exact bearings

Slight differences between seed generations.

You can try this out for yourself:
    Seed: 7692505625803617061
    Co-ordinates: (-40.5, 90, -60.5)
    Bearing: (46.0 / 37.3)
    or you can download the worlds max used: https://goo.gl/GXxeuW
    What is being shown in the pictures is how structure generation can vary despite having the exact same seed. This applies to Mine-shafts and Ravines.

Overlapping generated structures examples.

What happened in the server is not a glitch because the generated Mine-shaft have slight variations every time. The chance of having 5 spawners (4 cave spiders spawners and 1 skeleton spawner) is incredibly small but also possible. It’s not a glitch and it shouldn’t be deleted just because your version of the seed spawned a different number of spawners. The people who claimed the area was incredibly lucky. There was no glitch.

RE: ” Reasoning for this verdict: If the world had generated so that these misplaced spawners had not been created in these locations, then we wouldn’t have to worry about this issue.”

The Minecraft wiki states that:
    “When structures are generated, they can spill over into neighbouring chunks that have been previously generated.” “It is also theoretically possible for two worlds generated with the same seed, from the same version of Minecraft, to differ slightly depending on the players’ travel routes, because the order in which chunks are generated may determine which of two conflicting structures will overwrite or suppress the other.”

Reply to “This is the same as an error where a chunk, made completely out of diamond blocks, spawns. Just because you found it and “it was there”, does not mean that it is not an error and that it’s not supposed to be there. We would deal with both of these in the same way, deleting the chunk like deleting the spawner since those are both not supposed to exist there and shouldn’t be there anyways.”

This argument is a logical fallacy, the slippery slope. It proves no logical sense because:
    1. Diamond blocks cannot be generated naturally.
    2. Diamond ore veins only spawn within a certain y axis range (unless customised). The most we can get is when 4 veins spawn in the corner next to all the other chunks to create one big diamond ore vein but that is unlikely (but still possible)
    3. Chunks only spawn 1 diamond ore vein per chunk (unless customised) making it impossible to have an “error where a chunk, made completely out of diamond blocks”

tl;dr Minecraft chunk generation got lucky and made a spawner therefore it is not a glitch.

References:
    http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Generated_structures#Technical_details
    http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Diamond_Ore#Natural_generation

#136797 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

New evidence means verdict can change. Investigation continues. For now, you will receive a full refund as we have an innocent unless proven guilty rule. We apologize for any inconvenience that has been caused. Enjoy your refund.

As for Waveware’s point, we did not even notice that there were small differences in each world gen. We had made 7 copies of the world and (unluckily) had the same spawners spawn in the same areas. Next time we will conduct a more thorough investigation and use the innocent unless proven guilty system rather than the opposite. This will be an educative experience for the mod team, including myself.

If further information turns up, then it may be possible that the verdict changes yet again.

#136801 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

Like I said before a Website should’ve been done or been in the making. Not 2 weeks after the Server was open. It only makes the Owner look cheap and use others websites such as BornCorp’s. This forums was mostly use for people who just wanted to hang and chill and talk, but now it went into another EC that probably won’t make it.

“Should have been done” You have no patience, do you? If I recall correctly, you said you were leaving to be helper on another server, so why do you give a flying f**k whether our website is ready yet or not?

Honestly Tavon, you keep calling us “washed up” etc yet you keep coming on simply to put the server to shame. If that’s really how you’re spending your life, then you are a very sad individual.

#136806 Score: 0

GuilleGamer13
    Participant
    4 pts

I will just remain silent, people like you don’t deserve me wasting my words.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 3 months ago by  GuilleGamer13.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!