Why so laggy lmao

Home Forums Survival General discussion Why so laggy lmao

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  SuperCoolNinja 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

Why the Server be so laggy? I only want to farm my crops lmao. But yet I get this lag and block lag everywhere I go and do xD. And no it’s not just my PC / WIFI it’s the Server because others are having the same problem, and it didn’t start lagging till 1-2days ago.

#136695 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

Should be fixed. Tell me if it still happens.

#136699 Score: 0

SuperCoolNinja
    Participant
    1 pt

It still happens

#136701 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

Uhh no sir.

These huge farms are making Lag. They get bigger and bigger every day because people try and get rich faster.

#136705 Score: 1

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

Large farms > Price nerf
    Price nerf > Larger farms
    Larger farms > Price nerf
    repeat

#136707 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

Are you talking about ping or FPS? Yesterday we had a glitch where our server would literally run out of memory (due to a memory dump) and we would just freeze. If it’s FPS lag, then it’s cactus farms causing lots of entities to drop.

#136708 Score: 1

Aidan Nye
    Participant
    12 pts

(FYI havent played on the new ec server these are just what i thought of for the old server)
    Its because the way the eco works is fundamently broken i looked at ways of fixing this befor the original reset but since i was only a expert mod (#expertmod5ever XD) and didnt see eye to eye with ZeeKing on alot of things to do with the reset nothing changed.

(Technical explanation that was originally the start of this post but was taking 2 long but would probably go right over most peoples heads yet still the key issue at the bottom of the post)
    1.Have rates change depending on supply and demand
    -With some form of tax to make it more expensive to buy something than sell it at least 10%
    2.Allow more items and blocks to be sold even crafted
    -Shouldn’t be based on farms but rather Minerals (info at the bottom quiet important)
    -Some blocks should only be sellable to keep numbers limited and of value, for certain blocks ‘Beacons’
    ‘God apples’
    ‘Diamonds?’ ect
    -food should not be buyable direct from the server making farms still important for the survival aspect

Im sure i had alot more points but im not going to sit here and remember them all i do still have my server where i tested alot of configs and plugins to work with these points and solve other problems and im more than happy to host the server up if people want to try it out i have no intention of running/moderating it since the next 12mths probs be pretty busy 4 me.

~Gra

(Original start that 1 in 1000 people will understand good luck)
    I certainly dont remember everything i identified but hopefully this can help no lose if it doesnt.
    The problem with the old ec eco was that it was balanced towards of farming of crops a infinte resource where as if it was it was balanced towards mineing of minerals a finite resource there would be a more finite amount of money.

Now of course a world should be created just for mining and would need to get reset thus technically making it still infinite, it would remove the exponential amount of money made from farming.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by  Aidan Nye.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 4 months ago by  Aidan Nye.
    #136712 Score: 0

TrainPro
    Participant

Nice math Gra, basically my 2 cents.

If you exponentate an infinite resource, it becomes uncontrollable. If you exponentate a finite resource, it stagnates.

#136743 Score: 0

cookie_monst3r
    Participant
    2 pts

yeah gra is right, I’ve thought this for some time now but wouldn’t have been able to do the math, in my opinion to do absolutely anything on EC, you have to literally play all day and have a life and be able to build these mega farms (usually needing /fly which means you will have to be a donor also.) so it isn’t really fair, because if i can only play for maybe an hour a day that’s not enough time to build these mega farms, in old EC you could have the money to build a nice farm but not the time, in my opinion in this one you can have the time to build it but not the money. Another one of my points, i’ve been grinding cave spiders for multiple hours now and somehow have only managed to make 6000… now i mean ive been buying some stuff in between but still should not be that hard to gain money, even considering the prices of things keep getting nerfed and buffed… somethings gotta be fixed with this eco because it isn’t very good… Old EC eco was too op, this eco is the absolute complete opposite, and you have to find something in the middle.

#136752 Score: 0

SuperCoolNinja
    Participant
    1 pt

Exactly Gra!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!