We Could Maybe End Lag

Home Forums Survival Plugin Request / Discussion We Could Maybe End Lag

This topic contains 22 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  Rogue_Art 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

So as I was thinking a few days ago. I had an idea to move all our melon farms into a world which is like our creative world. And that should pretty much reduce the lag, now you guys are thinking “But we can’t get our melons to the survival world!” I have a solution to that, we should install a plugin which is basically wireless hoppers. We would have a wireless hopper in that world which empties all the melons into that hopper and transfers it to a hopper in this world and then store it on chests.

Pros – Could nearly end lag
    – Free up lots of plots
    – Can also make it easier to use hoppers
    Cons – People may abuse these plots(But mods should remove those abuser plots)
    – This makes a new world which

Overall, I think this would be a good way of making cheap and lagless farms in EC and still get the right profit as well as decreasing the amount of hoppers needed for these towers.

Please vote up if you would like this added to the server and vote down if would not like this to the server.

#50704 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

Here is a plugin relative to what I am talking about: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/enderhoppers-griefprevention/

And since there was a problem of chunks unloading, I found this nifty plugin: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/chunkload/

With these two plugins, we can make this idea to work, and this would be like one of those creative plots, you have to pay a head moderator an amount of money(Probably over 100k) for a plot and then a head moderator would put on the Chunk Load for you and let you put on the Ender Chest-Hopper contraption.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by  Rogue_Art.
    #50709 Score: 0

Woggy_Moggs
    Participant

Vote Up!

#50711 Score: 0

Xavier3479
    Participant

VOTE UP!. It would end the spawn lag.

#50713 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

New world equals more lag

I made another town for plots near spawn and paying 100k more for plot. I rather not.

Some people wouls buy like 1000 plots cause they are rich

#50715 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Lag clear can do a lot better. Optifine could help too

Also are those plugins 1.7 ready???

I still see people abusing powers and glitches with thus

#50716 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

Wither, what this would do is clear up the overall lag in this part of the server, you would get major lag spikes in some parts of the town where there are lots of melon farms, and this could clear up plots that are causing these lag spikes, and in the end this would make /spawn pretty much lag-less.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by  Rogue_Art.
    #50721 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Chunkload stop it services after 1.2

1’7 config are not the same so that will not works

#50722 Score: 0

Dicedead
    Participant
    3 pts

Vote up. This will not end the lag, but it will reduce it.

#50724 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

Since that ChunkLoader says that it doesn’t work anymore, here’s another one which does the same thing, there have also been comments that the other one I showed you works on 1.6 and higher and may possibly work for 1.7.2. This one may work as well or be “better” than the one before: http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/kcir/

#50727 Score: 0

GodProxy
    Participant

Vote down.
    Question.
    How will the melons grow?
    Melons only grow if players are near them…

#50738 Score: 0

maxminoS
    Participant
    7 pts

Vote down, wont think it would be a good idea.

#50740 Score: 0

ButterNinja8
    Participant

Vote UP ALL THE WAY

#50741 Score: 0

Antares6
    Participant

Godproxy,as long as the chuks are loaded by the plugin,they will grow. And vote up,BUT optifine does not reduce lag AT ALL. It changes some stupid and derp configurations to improve your framerate, (aka FPS) so it will make your CLIENT run faster,not the server. Also,it does not improve your internet connection. It was made for bad (to improve FPS) or really good computers. (for better graphics)
    Vote up BTW

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by  Antares6. Reason: derp :P
    #50744 Score: 0

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!