Thank you, and goodbye / see you soon

Home Forums Global General Discussion Thank you, and goodbye / see you soon

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Yaseen20 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Dicedead
    Participant
    3 pts

“That is not the beginning of the end, it’s the end of the beginning” Winston Churchill, after winning the defensive battle of El Alamein during WWII.

I didn’t want to make this topic at first, but here it is. It would be rude to dissapear without a last word.
    Before I start with anything, I must say that if anybody is willing to get EC back on track with another name but the same community, I’m willing to help. But in case none succeeds…

I’ve had countless and timeless memories during these 3 years in EC. Some that are worth life lessons, some others that were quite saddening, for example the events of March 2015 (remember, when the server got hacked), most of them were joyful. I’ve met many great persons, the list is too long to be featured here. Therefore, I absolutely do not regret any second I’ve passed in front of my glitchy laptop instead of practicing drums, or what normal people of my age would do, hang out with friends (bit hard when you’re in the middle of nowhere though 😛 ).

The main reason of why I liked EC so much was the human contact. It missed for me even in my real life; I was very shy, you know, that kind of stuff. Not exactly the best situation for an aspiring independent drummer. In class I was kept away of “the group”, nerds like me probably see what I mean. 😉 EC was (a big) part of my 180 degrees personality change, which in turn affected my relations with others and my way of playing drums (seriously).

Also the server was a great way to improve my English. It’s still not top, but I’m working on it (and I’ve made big improvements in a few years).

As a mod, my goal has always been to bring justice and happiness to the players. In Creative, there’s close to no reason you could fight with someone, there’s no ‘winner’ and ‘loser’, that’s why it usually was the quietest server branch. So it was easy, I got the hang out of quickly discerning a person’s kind of temperament, a bit like a waiter who considers what to say to these or those clients of his restaurant. Punishing people had never been my cup of tea though, I got warned once for unbanning a guilty player too soon, but it turned out he changed greatly (to the positive/good) because of the ban.

I sincerely hope I’ve written these paragraphs for nothing and that the EC journey will somehow continue. I’m saving Creative’s console on my PC, just in case.

Thank you for these good times. :)

PS: The quote in the beginning of this post is completely pointless. Starting anything with a quote from a recognized person makes you look intelligent though. 😛

~Dicedead

Bands and artists you should listen to:
    My recommendations only.
    Rock and alternative:
    Muse, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree (If you put these 3 in the same concert, that’s it, it’s gonna be the next night of your 7 lives), Placebo, Amanda Palmer, Arctic Monkeys, Band of Skulls, Tool (go on youtube, search “tool Right in two” or “tool The pot”.), The Kills, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, Warpaint, Jack White / White stripes, The Dead Weather

Metal:
    TesseracT (listen to “Survival” and “Nocturne” on youtube.. You’ll see what I mean), Breaking Benjamin, Korn, Animals as Leaders, Periphery

Jazz, blues, gospel, reggae:
    Ibrahim Maalouf (this guy rocks. Have a listen to his albums “Red and black light”, “Illusions”, “Diasporas”, “Kalthoum”, “Wind”…)
    St Germain (another beast. He has just launched a new album. His overall style is electro jazz.), Nina Simone, Bob Marley, Eric Clapton, Snarky puppy, Ben Harper

Hip hop:
    The Roots, Roots Manuva, J Dilla, Ceezy

Electronica, drum n bass, big beat:
    Nerve (simply one of the best bands on the planet), Noisia (Ermagherd), Black Sun Empire, The Prodigy, Daft Punk, The Crystal Method, Chemical brothers, Two Fingers, Mark Guiliana

Other:
    Gogol bordello (have a listen to the album by Gogol and Tamir Muskat: “JUF”), Jesse Cook

Have fun. :)

#134236 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

Bye DiceDead, hope to see you around soon. I still got you on my Skype. 😉

You was a great Staff Mod. :)

#134240 Score: 0

Yaseen20
    Participant

You’ve been a great mod and a great friend as well! I hope we can meet again like we used to everyday. And I hope the server will be still running by another owner.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!