Suggestions against the new updates on survival

Home Forums Survival General discussion Suggestions against the new updates on survival

This topic contains 17 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  AnderZENZ 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Roronoa__Zoro
    Participant

Hello , I’m in this server for a long time with this account and my old one that i don’t remember it and i have some suggestions about the new updates in survival .
    First of all i have to say that this update : 3 /report: You will be able to provide tips to those mods on those pesky hackers and other offenses! However, there will be an 8-minute coolodwn.Will be bad,if people start reporting others and start asking the “report vote” from their friends people will get banned without reason most of the times.
    Also about this update :
    9 Achievments: When you do something, such as kill 10 players, or kill 100 zombies, or mine 1000 blocks, you will get a reward! . You are already taking a reward even for the mining blocks even for the killing other players you are taking their items and even if you are killing zombies you are getting items and money.. I Believe giving even more that these will destroy the meaning of the “SURVIVAL”.

#132418 Score: 0

dadawi
    Participant

:I i will just say this….
    Bump :)

#132421 Score: 0

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

I’m going to have to agree, a /report would be easily abused (For example, making alts to mass-report, or as you said, asking other people to report someone.)
    Achievements seem pointless too, seeing as how you get money for killing monsters, loot from killing other people (if they have loot on them), and when mining, you’re getting rewarded with precious ores.

#132424 Score: 0

Participant

Now that I kind of think about it… :/

#132427 Score: 0

ZeeKingEpic
    Participant

mhm Good Point !
    I ll talk with the rest of the Mod Team about it 😉
    ~ZeeKingEpic

#132428 Score: 0

maybe it is still the better way to report someone hack to forum with proofs

#132429 Score: 0

gorbit99
    Participant

If you’re good in minecraft, and you’re internet loves you, then you can easily be called a hacker by anyone, this report system sounds a but pointless too me.

#132432 Score: 0

DragonEngineer
    Participant

I was the one who suggested Achievements.

The purpose of achievement, well, is to provide a sense of achievement for completing something, be it one-time or tiered achievements.

This is an example of the achievements GUI (The diamonds and coals stuff) (I also blanko the server’s name, so no advertising is involved)

View post on imgur.com

^ These achievements actually do not provide monetary rewards, just an announcement in your chat saying that you unlocked certain achievement.

Examples of one-time achievements can be like
    – Found Nemo!: Fish up a clownfish
    – Resident: Join a town for the first time
    – Mayor: Create your first town
    – Town Expansion: Create your first outpost

Examples of tiered achievements can be like
    – Serial Killer I – VI: Kill 1, 5, 10, 25, 50, 100 players
    – Hard earned Diamonds I – VI: Mine 20, 50, 100, 250, 500, 1000 diamond ores
    – Block Master I – VI: Mine 10000, 25000, 50000, 100000, 500000, 1000000 blocks

#132469 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

./report won’t be added.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by  AnderZENZ.
    #132471 Score: 0

deasertman
    1 pt

You can use /mail send as an alternative to /report.

#132477 Score: 0

Roronoa__Zoro
    Participant

What about the rewards? I believe rewarding you even more than it does … It will destroy the meaning of “Survival”

#132478 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

What do you mean rewards will “destroy” survival? It’s not like the server is very easy to stay interested in anyways, as we haven’t added anything for a long time, daily rewards will make people want to come on every day

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by  AnderZENZ.
    #132482 Score: 0

BlackPhenom
    Participant

I’d log in every day for a daily reward :P.I think most of the changes in the upcoming update are going to be good,but that’s just my point of view.

#132487 Score: 0

Trevish
    Blocked

Those rewards will certainly ruin the meaning of Survival.Survival=We need to get stuff ourselves (though there are shops)

#132493 Score: 0

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

Personally, I don’t see how daily rewards would keep people coming back for long every day.
    There are other servers I’ve come to like other than EC that have daily rewards, which for minigames servers are more fun, and even that doesn’t make me come back every day.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!