Suggestion: Discord

Home Forums Survival General discussion Suggestion: Discord

This topic contains 22 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  AnderZENZ 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

GuilleGamer13
    Participant
    4 pts

Since the server “died” i’d no news of it; and that means that if there’s actually a discord, I’ve no idea.
    That’s why I am publishing this post, in order to have a discord for the server, where players can interact with the others easily and also have a contact of every player if necessary.
    What do you guys think?

Thanks for reading, GuilleGamer13

#136317 Score: 0

ZeBlitzKiller
    Participant
    13 pts

What’s the difference between Skype and Discord?

I mean, most of us are currently using skype as our communication app

• This reply was modified 7 years, 5 months ago by  ZeBlitzKiller.
    #136319 Score: 0

GuilleGamer13
    Participant
    4 pts

Well, then we should have a Skype group.

#136320 Score: 0

maxminoS
    Participant
    7 pts

1. We do have a Skype group
    2. Discord might be great to make communications more organised

#136321 Score: 0

Leonando134
    Participant
    -1 pt

@maxminoS what is le skype group?

#136323 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

To be honest, Discord is much better for Minecraft and even other Games you may play. Skype is somewhat old and out of date to other…. Talking Apps. Not saying Skype is just crap, but there are other Apps that beat Skype.

I never seen a fine / good reason for TS-3 But only for it’s Voice Talking, even doe Skype and Discord has that, but Skype’s Voice talking is somewhat bugged for people now. And TS is fine, but I only see PvP / Faction using em.

But if I had to pick over one of them… It would be Discord, due to it’s fine way of playing and talking to others. But that is only how I feel.

#136324 Score: 0

Bender
    Participant
    12 pts

It does have one:

https://discord.gg/ExP9t

#136327 Score: 0

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

A: That link expired @Bender
    B: I feel like that’s going to be some unknown, degenerate server anyway

Anyways, Skype is presumably more common, and is sstill decent, but in regards to games, Discord is designed solely for that. Discord servers can be more organised, often less taxing than Skype in regards to performance hit on your hardware, and with separate channels for certain things like chilling out/relaxing, being AFK, staff interview, etc. Discord would be the better choice for a game-oriented group.

#136328 Score: 0

Bender
    Participant
    12 pts

It is an unknown degenerate server.

#136329 Score: 0

Hypersquirrel2
    Participant
    -2 pt

So.. do you own it then, Bender? ((((((((((((:

#136330 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

There’s nothing wrong with Skype that we would really need to switch over. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

#136331 Score: 0

GuilleGamer13
    Participant
    4 pts

Wait, Wait, wait.
    What do you mean, Ander? We are talking if we should make a discord for the server and you say that. Of course, I understand that you prefeer skype but for what I know, EC doesn’t have a Skype group. This means no way of communicating between the server. Also, in skype; people take hours, or days to answer a single question; So, is it really worth it?

#136332 Score: 0

ZeBlitzKiller
    Participant
    13 pts

We could always try something new.

#136340 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

When EternalCraft did something new such as Community wise was Plug.Dj and what went down was that it was used for like two weeks…. Then boom no one used it. This could go down with Skype as well.. But let’s just think about it…. It would be spammed and wouldn’t be used in good ways. This can go for Discord or even TS. But nowadays people mostly use Discord.

#136344 Score: 1

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

Nah tavon fuck that noise, Discord has actual permissions for channels, on Plug.dj the majority of server mods weren’t plug.dj mods, so nothing got done with it really

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!