Stop YULIN

Home Forums Global Off topic Stop YULIN

This topic contains 23 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  xXGLGXx 8 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

takoballball
    Participant

@Waveware, what about mine? its against the abuse of animals when slaughtering them. I think the controversy around YULIN that i care about is that they mistreat the dogs. If the dogs are not tortured, not stolen from people(They actually do), not slaughtered in torturous methods such as multiple stabbings nor stuffed in tight cages and tossed around, honestly i have no opinion about it.

#113983 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Im intrested in the video because I never saw one before.

+ the Yulin Festival recently passed…

Change.org also increases the goal once it is meet. It increases more and more by it’s own system. The only way the meter stops is that the creator of the petition has solved the problem. Basically, the meter isn’t really the goal, it just moves (aka fake meter)

Source: I personally used Change.org for a petition

#113984 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

I really dislike how people from another country review this issue from one perspective. They only know a “single story” and don’t know the other side.

People personally don’t understand how different countries have different laws, practices, and also different traditions / culture. Of course, killing a “man’s best friend” or a dog is a bad thing to do because it means a lot to them. Yes, that is true because most people in America do not kill dogs to eat, but have dogs as a PET which they love and care about.

In China, it’s pretty common to eat dog. Not just for a festival / celebration, but also for dinner and etc. There are many dishes made from dog and this idea occurred in China for a long long time. People that are going against that never celebrate this tradition don’t fully understand.

Bias views are presented which the creator of the petition and also media sources want people to feel the same way they do. Right there in the petition, the first picture you see are red tears coming from a dog behind a China flag. Other people want to be able to touch upon your emotions and feel miserable for these dogs. This is basically how advertisements and propaganda goes along in the real world to get an idea or product across.

Lastly, this petition is pretty rude to people of China. We can compare this to July 4th. Both of these are holidays which people in the United States celebrate and have fireworks, while the YULIN holiday kill dogs to consume. People are trying to stop the killing of dogs because it’s cruel to animals. We can do the same to July 4th because fireworks can cause human damage, property damage, fire, and also a lot of dangerous effects.

** Im not disagreeing that there are no mistreat of dogs / stolen dogs, that is still a fact, but there is not enough evidence to support that yet. Those are the top problems with dogs, but there is a small population of people that do that **

Source: Ted Talk: Single Story

• This reply was modified 8 years, 10 months ago by  Wither.
    #113988 Score: 0

siverbullet
    Participant

I wanted to say what wither did but i couldn’t be bothered xD

#113990 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

Another prime example of how different religions and their beliefs can cause problems >_>

#113992 Score: 0

xXGLGXx
    Participant
    1 pt

ander7788 ofc xD

#114350 Score: 0

Trevish
    Blocked

I can’t find the exact video but it looked like this one:

#114352 Score: 0

siverbullet
    Participant

Trevish ima eat dog some day and ima send you a picture of it :>

#114354 Score: 0

xXGLGXx
    Participant
    1 pt

Nu sive pls no eat dog

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!