So now that Pokemon Go is here…

Home Forums Global Off topic So now that Pokemon Go is here…

This topic contains 18 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  TrainPro 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

Do you feel like it could fill the void EC left? I am enjoying it so far, it’s nice being part of a community and make friends in real life.

#135689 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

I really hate pokemon… It drives me crazy when everyone’s like “Ayy, Ander, you got a Charmander to trade?” Me: “FML”

But eh, if you like it, that’s your view, but I personally dont like pokemon.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by  AnderZENZ.
    #135691 Score: 0

Mr_Tito361
    Participant
    -5 pt

Hey Ander, you got a charizard to trade?

#135692 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

;-; kill me now pls

#135693 Score: 0

Dicedead
    Participant
    3 pts

I don’t know anything about Pokemon except that it’s a game about (kind of) monsters who do battle and one of them, the yellow dude, is Pikachu. Am I right so far? 😛
    Based on what I understood from Wikipedia and Pokemon’s website, it’s very much like Minecraft and countless other open-world games: you explore a world where you gather items and fight, except that this time it’s in the real world, and there’s a little more to it with the 3 teams and the Arenas. It objectively sounds fun at first, like an easter egg hunt with omelette orgies, however, the devs will have to frequently update the game to keep it interesting.
    Although the game tries to bring people together, with the “defensive teamwork” and all that, I personally think there isn’t going to be many communications between players, because before, you were still protected by your screen, and you could give people the image you want of yourself, while hiding behind it, whilst in Pokemon Go, other players can really see you and your fat belly / ugly noise / stinking smell / brown skin / long beard… Be truthful: don’t you judge people on their external appearance, at least the first time you encounter someone? (In 2010, 70% admitted they did, and nowadays that’s even worse for the reasons I’ll let you think of) So most people will find a way to play on their own without really communicating to anyone. Evidently some players are going to organize clubs and schedule meet-ups if that isn’t yet done, but again, in my opinion, these will not help much for the “outside-the-game interaction” part.

If you haven’t got my point yet: what’s in the game will stay in the game. Just like a bus or a metro, where people interact but barely communicate.

Who knows, I might be wrong from A to Z, though that’s my opinion on this.

~Drumming Dice {DD}

#135694 Score: 0

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

I never cared for Pokemon games.
    I’m the only one in my family that doesn’t play Pokemon Go.

Pokemon in a nutshell:
    -get monster
    -beat other monsters
    -level your monster
    -beat more monsters
    -repeat

#135695 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

^ You forgot a step:

Annoy other people with “omg I have a pikachu and you have no pokemons at all :D”

#135696 Score: 0

Travis
    Participant
    4 pts

I do like the game
    -Trevish

#135697 Score: 0

cookie_monst3r
    Participant
    2 pts

its unique, could probably start a camp fire with how hot it makes my phone!

#135698 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

@jmillz11 or you could get a battery and tinfoil gum wrapper…

#135700 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Pokemon Go! is mainly for the city people and it has done a lot of goods and negatives. I personally love this game, concept is amazing and attracts kids and adults. Everywhere you walk, any neighborhood, you can identify people on the phone and ask “Pokemon Go?” and you’ll know if they are a pokemon player or not. Although Pokemon go is a well developed game, it is due to 4 years of past data from Ingress, which is another game made by the same company that has similar gameplay.

Goods:
    – people actually get outside their house to move and catch pokemons, walk to hatch eggs, and battle at real life gym locations
    – people socialize more, see other pokemon users and improve social skills
    – people group up with friends to go on a pokemon adventure to catch pokemons and have fun!

Negatives:
    – people end up in accidents, car accidents to catch a pokemon, drown in water to catch a pokemon, using pokestop lures to lure and rob people, other robbery, and players also are unaware of their surroundings.
    – people spend more time looking at their phones which is bad for their eyes and affect’s people’s health
    – pokemon go uses a lot of power, phone heats up, requires gps on all the time, and eats up a good amount of 4g (data/internet)

It’s one of these new games with a unique concept which is cool for a lot of the gamers out there. This game may fit for some people, but not all people. Have Fun!

Can anyone compete against me with this amount of lure :D?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 9 months ago by  Wither.
    #135702 Score: 0

maxminoS
    Participant
    7 pts

Been playing Pokémon all my life, Pokémon Go isn’t for the lazy people :c Team Valor FTW

#135703 Score: 0

Participant
    2 pts

I am not into pokemon so I didnt download it :3

#135704 Score: 0

Bender
    Participant
    12 pts

Pokemon Go is fun to play, but I don’t dedicate a massive amount of time playing it. I only use it when I go out somewhere. It’s fun to see Pokemon getting more respect from the people who used to view it as ‘childish’. However, in all honesty, I don’t see it as a ‘Pokemon-Style Game’. Nowdays, the main gen Pokemon Games are more based around the Battles, so it’s fun to see a collective style Game. There’s no harm in trying it out every once in a while when you’re outside walking to a destination.

#135716 Score: 0

thecrusher1000
    Participant

I miss y’all

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!