Rules Update Request

Home Forums Global Feedbacks / Suggestions Rules Update Request

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  TheHighOreo 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

TheHighOreo
    Participant
    1 pt

There has been recent events around the server and forums that involved players being victims to their personal information being exposed. An example of that was melee49 having his Facebook profile picture stolen by siverbullet and an anonymous Survival headmod exposing some private information. What the worst thing is technically there is nothing that could stop them, and anyone could use the excuse “It isn’t banned on the rules so I can do it.” Because of that I would like to request all server managers and forum keymasters to include this as a rule on all 5 servers and forum rules. I personally haven’t thought of a punishment for this, but the basic rule would say: Exposing your or another player’s personal information without their acceptance isn’t allowed. This information includes the player’s real name, their address, pictures of them, etc. The punishment for this rule in-game would be three warns before receiving a permanent mute (this probably seems fair enough since personal information is the most serious thing) while on the forums the user gets 3 warnings before having his forum role set to Spectator (a role similar to being blocked, but instead could be up to date with all new topics without replying) Thank you for taking time to read this, and I hope that these changes would be applied.

#118630 Score: 0

Ali
    Participant
    5 pts

I think telling someone’s irl name is fine.

Or is it?

*Dum Dum Duuuummm*

#118631 Score: 0

siverbullet
    Participant

This means I can’t call Ali Ali anymore xd

#118632 Score: 0

TheHighOreo
    Participant
    1 pt

“Exposing your or another player’s personal information without their acceptance isn’t allowed”
    “without their acceptance isn’t allowed”
    their acceptance
    U WOT M8?!

#118639 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

If this rule had existed, there’s a certain prison mod who would be demoted for forcing me to message melee.. I didn’t even know what melee’s real life name was before that, since it was before I got Skype.

I’m personally all for this rule, it sounds like a good idea.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by  AnderZENZ.
    #118643 Score: 0

xZero_Strike
    Participant
    1 pt

Well are basic rules, they don’t only count in games, but sorta do irl too.

The rules section notes: “these rules include, but are not limited too…”

But since some people still don’t get it, might aswell add it. Unfortunately I myself cannot do so, so we’ll have to play the waiting game untill this is done.

#118658 Score: 0

Anonymous

Thank you oreo, this happened many times in prison. I was forced to keep quiet on forums because no such rule existed and i was helpless. I attempted to halt it, but to no avail, generating pointless scolding from my parents. I would agree with the action and punishment, but hope that it will be strictly enforced. I need to be protected, or you wont see me again after my national exams…

@Ail, its definitely not allowed, don’t even try.

@Siver, that is not true, because its his in-game name. If its his real name, then its his problem, because he’s compromising his own privacy, and we cant do anything about it…

@Ander, its more of matchmaking, because its obviously Clockspeed (then FuriousKnight), doing this both in-game and on Skype…

@Zero, this is a basic cyber wellness rule, and is an infringement of both copyright (plagiarism) and intrusion of privacy. Unfortunately, no one follows that here. That disclaimer makes the rule ambiguous and no one will bother to consider whether its included or not.

But yeah, like what zero said, just add it. We will wait till someone officially adds it.

This secures my protection, or i will disappear after my National Exams…

#118662 Score: 0

DragonEngineer
    Participant

I hope this is implemented across servers. And I hope this kind of things will never happen again.

I will be changing all my accounts to DragonKnightz34 from now. So I will need to transfer my account from JiaZheng2707 to DragonKnightz34 in prison server. Also if possible change the forum account name to DragonKnightz34. Thanks.

#118664 Score: 0

Anonymous

Jia, you can change your forum name yourself…

Edit: nvm, its already done

#118665 Score: 0

siverbullet
    Participant

Can’t you change your forums account name yourself?….can we do it?

#118704 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

The real name is fine. I mean… i use my real name.

#118706 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

^ Nope. Only if someone reveals their real name in their username, like ItzAli_ and you, it’s not okay.

#118708 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

So if Rule was to be made i have to get a new in game and a new forums username as well?

#118709 Score: 0

TheHighOreo
    Participant
    1 pt

Guys did anyone notice the acceptance part of the rule? If the player is ok with it then you can do it, Iother than that don’t. So use your name if you want, don’t use it if you don’t want to. Is it that hard?

#118772 Score: 0

Anonymous

I will bump this, despite not 24 hours from the previous reply, this is emergency and too important to miss…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!