Reliability of the New Donor Pause Law

Home Forums Global Feedbacks / Suggestions Reliability of the New Donor Pause Law

This topic contains 28 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Wither 8 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Heh, nice update.

The thing is, when the new law came out, the template is removed. Even Ander’s donor pause request got turned down (despite being before the new law) and removed entirely… (I was trying to find it so that I can just copy and paste what Dragon helped me to say to here…)

#120864 Score: 0

TheHighOreo
    Participant
    1 pt

Forgive me if this was already explained but I skipped it. What exactly do you mean “abused?” A donor pause is a donor pause, how can someone abuse a donor pause when all they do is use the pause to pause the donor perk? Yeah I know, I purposely tried to use pause a lot. Maybe we can get a clarification on how this is “abused?” And if you came up with a reason such as used for too long, then apply donor pauses back but have a limit of some sort?

#120871 Score: 0

siverbullet
    Participant

People Cba to carry on pausing donor perks mebe?
    Mebe they should rename the donor buying shop thing to rank buying mebe add more ranks too???

#120872 Score: 0

xZero_Strike
    Participant
    1 pt

As a donator, you know that the donation is to help the server. The perks are only there to encourage people to donate, as that’s needed to pay the bills. (Nothing is free these days :/ ).

Here’s an example:
    -You pay the money to donate, 2 things happen: The money goes to helping the server, the perks go to you as a thank-you for donating. The next day you need to leave town and can’t play, and thus cannot use your thank-you gift.

This would be the same as:
    -You pay money to support a charity. They send you a package as a thank-you for donating. You open the package only to notice that the next day your dog couldn’t stand it and had to chew on everything, destroying it, thus you can’t use your package anymore.

———–
    Really, donation is about helping the server. As a donator, you know that your money goes to the server, and those extra perks come with it to say thank you. If we’d be more fixed on giving players those perks rather than trying to keep the server alive, we could just aswell not do donations and give donator perks for free.

Not saying you shouldn’t get anything, but you’re responsible for your actions. You decide to donate on the day right before your PC dies, tough luck, there’s worse in the world. Alltough the above mentioned event seems unlikely to happen in the near feature. Really if your pc is about to die you should notice some symptoms about that a few days beforehand. (Slower, frequent problems such as screen flickering, etc…) and schools notify their students in time if they’re going out for a week or 2.

Conclusion: You donate for the server and to keep it alive, not so much for those perks it brings, they’re just a nice thing they do to thank you for your support.

Edit: just noticed, this is basically what squirtle said in a longer version, but he’s right youknow..

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by  xZero_Strike.
    #120876 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

I honestly don’t give a crap, the only reason my topic turned ugly was because someone else was a jerk about informing me. Also, you’re not even a donor, but yet you’re complaining.. I haven’t even seen any ACTUAL donors complain about it, so this topic makes no sense.

#120878 Score: 0

xZero_Strike
    Participant
    1 pt

Well, melee just likes to make huge problems from the most stupid things he can find. Tries to put some o’clocks and math and UTC stuff in there and the recipe is done. But since he’s doing it anyway, who are we to ignore it, right?

And Oreo I honestly don’t know how it could be abused, but I do know borncorp has far more experience than me or most others here when it comes to donation stuff, so you’d be better of asking him or… youknow, just not mention it :/

#120882 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

^ Totally man!

#120887 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

By donating to EternalCraft, you are making a donation. We do not need to give anything in return, but we choose to give perks.

If you would not like to receive these perks, you don’t need to donate.

Please understand, it’s a donation. They are non refundable and again, You are making a donation

• This reply was modified 8 years, 8 months ago by  Wither.
    #120893 Score: 0

maxminoS
    Participant
    7 pts

Would you like donor perms to be removed?

#120897 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Obama Care became a law

Tell me why? Why why why why WHY?

Everything has rules which is to keep things in order and not let members abuse them.

and how does this affect you @DragonEngineer and @Victini (Melee49)?

#120901 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

^ True True and True, Wither!

#120950 Score: 0

Anonymous

What Oreo said: What do you mean by abused? A lot of people (including myself) is confused on how this can be abused… The same lot of people thinks that by logical sense, it cant be abused… And @Oreo, I was suggesting some limitations…

@Zero, From your examples, we are technically ‘buying’ the thank-you gift, but with the purpose of helping the charity. Let me use the recent SGDQ 2015 examples:

Statistics (US$):

Donation Total: $1,215,751.85 (28530) — Max/Avg Donation: $12,000.00/$42.61

There were 22106 donors, making 28530 donations, totalling that much, there were many prizes, including some Pokémon and Mario and what not prizes. Some money even went to ‘unlocking’ live speedruns, aka Minecraft, Pokémon Blue ‘Blindfolded’ and Super Mario 64 race, etc. Even though we don’t run the game, we watch it, and its for those speedrunners to ‘extended’ the marathon, to encourage more donations. After all, all these are at Youtube, and again, we can spend nothing going through the entire marathon. Some gifts are ‘just visual’ but it all depends on whether the audience wants it or not…

And @Zero, some pcs die without any ‘signs’ or ‘symptoms’, and yeah, some schools are jerks, they suddenly spring out sudden events (or even sudden exams, for the top schools), which is what is happening to me a lot, though I predicted it by analysing the trends in the past years, which not many (not so smart) people do… We don’t go to a Fortune Teller to predict that date. Again, there are always unforeseen circumstances and we need to compromise every case and scenario…

@Ander, we all know what happened, This topic was born, ONLY because you requested for the pause. The thing is, I was once a donor (Bender donated for me, thank you for that), to not realise there was a donor pause option. (it was just before exams btw), losing out quite a bit. The thing is, I may become a donor in the near future, and if I do so, I will be affected. I look in the future, not like you, and I make sure I get a perfect (or near perfect) line of future events.

@Wither, I have stated in my pioneer post, ‘Again you are Making a donation’, Sure, again the donation rules at that Instantaneous moment, will be in effect (obvious), but, it isn’t stated whether future rules will affect it, creating an ambiguous situation here, how do you explain this?

@Wither, again I have stated above, I may become a donor in the near future, it ‘may’ affect me, of course I am concerned… Again, I try to predict stuffs, I don’t know why I am correct for more negative than positive stuffs…

@Wither (again?!), sure, look above, what I have stated again. Rules are there, I am fine, but the question is about OLD or NEW rules, please be more specific, and explain this to me also.

@Wither, are you happy now that I have included your ‘infamous’ – ‘Again, you are making a donation.’ – Quote, since the very beginning of this topic?

@Zero, it would be better if borncorp could explain to us, to clear our doubtful questions… Its fine if he doesn’t want to say out private information, as long as we understand, its fine. And yeah, he has far more experience, he can do the explanation instead of you…

@borncorp, if you are reading this now, please argument your decision, and if possible, consider my suggestion. This is cooperation required to ensure the survival of the server.

And as always, this topic is directed ONLY to borncorp, not to anyone of you above. We will let born decide and see where this goes…

#121154 Score: 0

Anonymous

Bump

#122289 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Denied. You are making a Donation.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘Reliability of the New Donor Pause Law’ is closed to new replies.

Posted by at

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!