1.2 Server Updates and All That Jazz

Home Forums Survival General discussion 1.2 Server Updates and All That Jazz

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  borncorp 12 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Chibichuba
    Participant

For those of you who updated to 1.2+ so quickly, here is the clean .jar for 1.1 just in case. You can’t get back.

We will be updating to 1.2.2 extremely soon, right when Bukkit releases their stable version. Expect it to be this weekend!

The server will be wiped, everything except the wilderness will be saved.
    A list of towns to be saved will be provided shortly. Don’t worry; unless you build in the Wilderness.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?b3u17bb04da4os4

Happy Minecrafting
    – Chibichuba

Minecraft content and materials are trademarks and copyrights of Mojang or its licensors. All rights reserved. This site and myself is not affiliated with Mojang.

#1108 Score: 0

eduardo
    Participant

Nice official “Minecraft content and materials are trademarks and copyrights of Mojang or its licensors. All rights reserved. This site and myself is not affiliated with Mojang.” xD

#1112 Score: 0

Chibichuba
    Participant

It’s so I don’t get flamed by the trolls about re-distributing the Minecraft .jar, lol.

#1116 Score: 0

Evil_Cupid
    Participant

thanks! i hope it will be soon updated. :)

#1121 Score: 0

eduardo
    Participant

Lol chibs

#1123 Score: 0

Aki
    Participant

Hey, just a noob question, but do our balances remain the same state or are we being set back to 0?

#1124 Score: 0

eduardo
    Participant

Thats a good question….. ❓

#1126 Score: 0

eduardo
    Participant

look 1.2.3 came out new patches 😀

#1127 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

Since we are using essentials economy hopefully money wont be wiped, and if it comes to that we have a file backup so we can apply it manually (Thats why I like essentials eco)

#1148 Score: 0

Brendon
    Participant

Uhh guys its me Brendon from And_kos town, i accidentally deleted my MC lol, so if anyone can reply and send me a version to brendonpunjabi@hotmail.co.nz it will be nice lol

#1263 Score: 0

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

Question then rant.

I’ve seen a few messages in-game about there being a minimum of 15 players per town cut-off for towns being saved, yet nothing about it on the forums. Is it a fact or rumor?

Also, are you going to check for duplicate IP’s in towns if you do have a 15 player limit, because I’ve seen some towns where its just one account invited many of his own alternate accounts *cough* Endiness *cough* That being said, I’m sure there are even players who have friends/family that play on the same IP, which isn’t something you can really check, so it kind of makes an capricious number like 15 meaningless. So, i think my town’s on 13 players, can i invite my 2 brothers?

Furthermore, there’s also Walrus’ town, they’re still new but have put a lot of work into their town, it’d be unfair to them cause they just started, if you did remove their town you’d loose a lot of new players, less so if you removed mine, but still you’d loose a lot of players.

And finally, and this is what annoys me most about this, you have a sign at spawn that says “Blah Blah towns will not be griefed” and yet, the owner himself is about to grief a large portion of the server who followed the suggestion and spent their money on a town, What’s up with that?

#1264 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

Read the following: http://site.eternalcracked.com/?p=1207

Its not solely about the number of residents, but I will remove the fake accounts for sure, but its not my priority.
    Look, we are doing our best to save all towns and to be honest it is possible to do so, but it will take longer. To update we are gonna bring the server down completely. We are going to need possibly a full day working on it. If I have to stop to save every little town just for a few houses I will take another day or more. I am going to give priority to the more developed towns and I am gonna do this in 1 day. If theres time and I am not exhausted I will continue pasting the rest of the towns until everything is there or I cant go on.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!