Notice to everyone who is premium

Home Forums Survival General discussion Notice to everyone who is premium

This topic contains 14 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  vsub391 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

vsub391
    Participant

Recently, there was an issue with premium accounts. You can read the whole story in a link below. For people who are too lazy, I will provide a summary of what happened and what to do.
    https://mojang.com/2014/04/heartbleed/

2 days ago, in an event dubbed heartbleed, openSSL ( an encryption program) was made public. This is the program Mojang uses and there were many exploits when it was made public. It is possible that someone has access to your minecraft account and password. It is essential to change your password ASAP. There is no trace so anyones password could be compromised. If you aren’t premium, you can disregard this message.

#63512 Score: 0

VESL15
    Participant

Shiet luckully I’m cracked 😀

#63514 Score: 0

lol
    Blocked

This is not only happening with Minecraft Premium servers but also huge networks that use passwords (2/3 of networks that have passwords have it). Examples would be: Facebook, Twitter, etc (Tumbler is safe from what I know). Many networks are rushing for a patch for this problem and I’m pretty sure Mojang are one of those people too.

#63515 Score: 0

JungleNoob53
    Participant

Oh… My… Gawd… thanks so much vsub931. I never knew that :P.

#63518 Score: 0

#BlameJeb

#63521 Score: 0

Djgamer741
    Participant

Yep I saw that too just awhile ago… but I’m not shure if it was a true testimony so now you have spoken… thanks 😀 i’ll go ahead and change both mojang and minecraft, if i Hadn’t seen this, Maybe I would regret not reading this.

-Djgamer741 EC is da best!

#63523 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

Thanks a lot dude! I could’ve been in a LOT of trouble.

#63528 Score: 0

dr4gon1234
    Participant

Thanks You! You save my life!

#63557 Score: 0

Dicedead
    Participant
    3 pts

Technically, there was 1 chance on 40 millions or idk how many to you get hacked. 😛 But yeah, you never know!
    (#craked)

#63559 Score: 0

PirateBooty
    Participant

Meh, too lazy to change pass. Probably won’t get hacked anyways, and even if I do, what could they do to my account? If i’m acting really weird or gross or breaking the rules then ban me and I will know that I got hacked 😀

#63562 Score: 0

vsub391
    Participant

Dice, the chance is actually higher. Since this bug was available to exploit for almost 48 hours, it is almost certain someone wrote an algorithm to generate MC accounts and passwords.

#63565 Score: 0

PirateBooty
    Participant

Ok, nvm i’ll change it xD

#63566 Score: 0

AgentLOLz_
    Participant

Changed it Thank you vsub 😉

#63570 Score: 0

RazorThunder
    Participant

-Heartbleed is a bug, not an event.
    -Question: Is EternalCraft affected?
    -The Heartbleed test site shows this error while trying to scan EternalCraft.com: dial tcp 23.94.3.239:443: connection refused
    mc.eternalcraft.com:dial tcp 192.95.29.203:443: connection refused
    The test site is .

#63577 Score: 0

vsub391
    Participant

That’s not how heartbleed works. It affects only premium accounts so it won’t change your EC password.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!