No sound??

Home Forums Survival General discussion No sound??

This topic contains 14 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Trollson 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Rannex
    Participant

Guys why cant i hear a sound in my minecraft help please

#50432 Score: 0

10salamanders
    Participant

Do u have a volume button on u computer?

#50435 Score: 0

Antares6
    Participant

Ignore Rannex’s post,i’ll say what the problem is:Jeb screwed up the resource packs thing. Not even the default texture pack works correctly. The files are in place,the volume is ok,and turned on,the problem must be that 1.7.2 bugged the sounds. And minecraft does not admit it,so the source of the problem cannot be located. When forge releases i’ll see what the problem is because FORGE actually makes decent logs. Do you hear me jeb? You screwed up…. (not as much as google,but still,he screwed up)

#50436 Score: 0

Antares6
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    #50437 Score: 0

Xavier3479
    Participant

Weird problem.. some people have it and others dont

#50439 Score: 0

FireHelDemon1
    Participant

Well, you can check your computer sound! If not, download your minecraft again!

#50440 Score: 0

cookie_monst3r
    Participant

xav, the problem is that those people who can here it, are the people who have the actual sounds downloaded to the .minecraft folder, other people, including me, trollson, and rannex, did not download the sound pack. minecraft uses a online data thingy called amazon, not the store, but he has for all the people who have the game has the sounds go threw there, but the amazon server has been down for quite some time now, so that would be the problem. all of this information i got from trollson so it is not false.

#50446 Score: 0

Dicedead
    Participant
    3 pts

Delete and re-install your 1.7.2 thing Rannex. Ofc save the saves before. Then, it will work.

#50455 Score: 0

Trollson
    Participant
    2 pts

If you have skype rannex add me im thegamingking881 Ill help you out there

• This reply was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by  Trollson.
    #50466 Score: 0

Chibichuba
    Participant

This happens to be an issue with cracked clients for 1.7+ at the moment, very few sounds will work in the game. There currently isn’t a fix but I believe some launchers may have more working sounds than others.

Dinnerbone acknowledged it here a while back: https://twitter.com/Dinnerbone/statuses/394074078279376897

#50474 Score: 0

Skipper7478
    Participant
    1 pt

^^^^ It’s true. Yesterday I was playing cracked to test something and I left launcher open… What I saw in the log was everytime I walked on something this is what it said(something similar): Unable to play sound stone_brick
    And it happend all the time. Nothing to do with your PC.

-Skipper7478

#50484 Score: 0

Trollson
    Participant
    2 pts

There is a fix for it guys you just need to delete your assets folder and then download another one. The fresh assets folder can be found here http://www.mediafire.com/download/0zgbsno2gooreo3/MCAssets.rar

Simply unpack the rar file with WinRAR or 7zip and there will be a folder inside called MCassets. Move it to your destktop and rename it to assets
    Then go to the place where you have minecraft installed and delete the old assets folder and place in the new. Boom your MC should now make sound.

#50797 Score: 0

Rannex
    Participant

So do i restart my minecraft??

#50798 Score: 0

Xavier3479
    Participant

What ive noticed:

With the Premium minecraft client theres never a sound problem

With cracked there is. even for me

#50803 Score: 0

Trollson
    Participant
    2 pts

Sound glitch fix can be found here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx47RnMbOfQ

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!