No more auto Iron/Gold Farms in 1.8

Home Forums Survival General discussion No more auto Iron/Gold Farms in 1.8

This topic contains 15 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  AgentLOLz_ 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

Some of the patch notes from 1.8:

Iron Golems:
    Now only drop iron when killed by the player, either through combat or potions, or player-activated mechanisms such as manually lit TNT
    If killed without player intervention, only drop poppies

Zombie Pigmen:
    Now only drop gold nuggets/gold swords when killed by the player, either through combat or potions, or player-activated mechanisms such as manually lit TNT
    If killed without player intervention, only drop rotten flesh

Which means:

Any current gold farms will need to be switched over to manual farms where you hit the zombie pigman with sword, similar to monster spawner farms.

Iron farms won’t work at all, due to changes in villager breeding requiring trading.

#55268 Score: 0

Xavier3479
    Participant

Well its a good thing my gold farm is already manual :)

#55270 Score: 0

Antares6
    Participant

Jeb,are you kidding me? I’m going to check the patch notes again. I better not find it true,or else i will make a meme about it (It’s the best i can do,lol) .

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by  Antares6. Reason: Oooh Jeb,y u do dis? D:
    #55271 Score: 0

ZeBlitzKiller
    Participant
    13 pts

wow really that is just making people harder to get iron..

#55272 Score: 0

lol
    Blocked

Hm this seems like a challenge that I don’t mind to take.

#55274 Score: 0

skills641
    Participant
    3 pts

how unfortunate 😮

#55275 Score: 0

takoballball
    Participant

o it doesnt affect me cause for some reason i cant seem to get the stupid villagers to not despawn even if its 2 villagers/plot. Aaaand my gold farm was removed soo uh yay ?

#55276 Score: 0

Xavier3479
    Participant

It was dinnerbone who nerfed it antares 😛

#55282 Score: 0

vsub391
    Participant

It should be simple if you could just hook up a gold plate to a dispenser to a potion machine. 😛

#55284 Score: 0

MikeShinoda15
    Participant

D: i wish someone will make a plugin that iron golems will drop iron even tho not killed by player and pigmen

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by  MikeShinoda15. Reason: Pigmen
    #55287 Score: 0

Garnachos
    Participant

Finally, Jeb you did something right.

#55288 Score: 0

@vsub391 Yes, that might be a good answer, but it’s annoying/kinda expensive to make the potions of healing/harming in order to hurt those mobs.

#55289 Score: 0

vsub391
    Participant

richard, that is why I suggested you hook it up to an auto potion maker. For example, hook up a mushroom farm to a spider farm and a sugar farm for fermented spider eyes. Put them in to hoppers hooking them up to a chest. Then use repeaters to slow down the signal and make potions automatically.

#55294 Score: 0

mod67 / MrPvr99
    Participant

Yea it’s a good thing I also made my farm manual and it’s open for all :)

#55303 Score: 0

FuriousKnight
    Participant

Well.. It’s too bad there’s no more auto iron/gold farms :( it will be harder to collect irons and golds D:
    But why don’t we try vsub’s idea? (although it’s not as simple as making the usual one :|) But every problems have a solution, so i’m sure later we will find a new way to make those farms 😀 btw, #blamejeb for that 😛

• This reply was modified 10 years, 4 months ago by  FuriousKnight.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!