New server suggestion

Home Forums Global Feedbacks / Suggestions New server suggestion

This topic contains 13 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  megaseth 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

Alright, I’m sure people have wanted this, and I’ve suggested this myself back when I was mod.
    How about there be an EC-hosted modded Minecraft server, such as a FTB pack, or maybe even an ATLauncher pack?
    I’m sure that EC Tekkit was a rough ride, because of the bugs, glitches, lack of support, and whatever else the mods there had to deal with.
    I come today to suggest FTB/ATLauncher, because it could help EC out quite a bit; Tekkit at the time was still relatively new, not a whole lot of support from the developers, either – FTB & ATlauncher are 2 of the most well-known modded launchers, they have good support from both pack makers, and the developers of the mods themselves.
    Regardless of whether the mods decide on the pack, or custom-make their own and give out the share code, surely it’ll bring in new players, and maybe even donations.
    P.S. back when I suggested this originally, there was no clear ‘Yes’ or ‘No’, so I’d like an answer for this, because modded Minecraft is a lot of fun.

#130756 Score: 0

siverbullet
    Participant

This idea sounds great
    ( great great great)

#130761 Score: 0

vishu101
    Participant
    10 pts

Pokemon server XD?

#130764 Score: 0

Juicy_Gummybear
    Participant
    1 pt

I like Diamond DImensions and Tekkit most

#130767 Score: 0

gorbit99
    Participant

Custom made modpack? I know it sounds too much, but a normal server can’t run with 161 mods (FTB infinity). But I like the idea too.

#130769 Score: 0

Juicy_Gummybear
    Participant
    1 pt

I think it would be good to have “The 1.7.10 pack” / “Mega Modded Survival”

#130785 Score: 0

ayylmao
    Participant

modded servers are different, and don’t ‘die’ under 100+ mods, that’s just nonsense.

#130794 Score: 0

alex31298
    Participant
    1 pt

I’m happy to work on tekkit again, i think i still have some of the files but i’ll probably start from scratch. I hear its a lot more stable now.

#130796 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

Despite having not played modded in well over a year, I remember modded being quite fun. But… #CrappyPC.
    So I was forced to quit. I’d love to have a modded server going in EC, I could help out with the configs and such.

Also, @Born (if he sees this), something to consider is that mod packs are quite more stable now, so any issues we encounter will be fewer in potency.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by  AnderZENZ.
    #130799 Score: 0

Mr_Tito361
    Participant
    -5 pt

agree with mega’s idea

#130811 Score: 0

BananaKing105
    Participant
    5 pts

Vote up! Love love love modded <3

#130818 Score: 0

jwidja
    Participant

VOTE UP BUT FRICKEN TEKKIT TAKES SO LONG TO LOADDDDDDD

#130834 Score: 0

Participant

I got this idea from a premium server. Basically the premise of this server (Trying not to advertise) is for players to explore the vast lands and cities (and equally vast ocean), and to kill monsters to level up using Experience. Leveling up unlocks new armor and weapons for your character to use. One can also complete Quests in order to gain experience points and emeralds (The currency of the server). All quests have level minimums and vary in the amount of activity needed and the intensity. There are also dungeons (With minimum level requirements). It comes with custom classes (Warrior, Archer etc.). Each class can only use a specific type of weapon, however, all can join the same servers and have the same experience (More given in parties, etc.). Some people call this kind of server “World Of Minecraft”.
    I think this MMORPG server is quite awesome 😀

• This reply was modified 8 years, 6 months ago by  .
    #130891 Score: 0

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

In response to some of the comments on this…
    @gorbit99 – By ‘custom made modpack’, I mean that the mods/admins could pick out which mods they wish to allow in the pack, compared to just choosing, for example, Direwolf or Resonant Rise.
    @alex31298 – I’d be happy to work on it too, and modpacks are a lot more stable than when EC had a Tekkit server.
    @AnderZENZ – Yeah, my computer isn’t exactly the best, yet they are still fun; Also, it could potentially bring in more people, thus more donations.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!