More Towny Ranks

Home Forums Survival General discussion More Towny Ranks

This topic contains 13 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Psycho9 10 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Psycho9
    Participant

Im not too sure if someone has thought or this topic has already been discussed, but i think that there needs to be more ranks with a town.

The reason for this is i believe that assistant’s have too much power, and there should be a stepping stone like the moderators ranking. Not sure what these ranks could consist of with perms. But i think maybe a 4 level system would be affective.
    e.g 1.Helper 2. assistant 3. co mayor 4. mayor.

So yeah I just thought everyone could benefit from this, add your thoughts

Thanks Psycho9

#60490 Score: 0

dr4gon1234
    Participant

Good idea! I will tell Mod about this!!!!! 😀

#60496 Score: 0

maxminoS
    Participant
    7 pts

I have actually suggested Co-Mayor, and I think it is going to be added soon.

#60501 Score: 0

MrThanos
    Participant

Your idea is really good.Vote up for this suggestion.

#60503 Score: 0

Trevish
    Blocked

Well I thought of that too and I find this a very good Idea
    Vote Up!

#60510 Score: 0

BlonFTW
    Participant

I believe that this has been brought up but good idea,

#60514 Score: 0

Xavier3479
    Participant

Well this may be a good idea being currently there is only 1 rank.

#60515 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

Please elaborate by specifying which perms are to be assigned to each towny rank.

#60521 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

Sure, I like this idea, but I personally think it would be better if mayors ourself could create the ranks, like when you start a town, you can make a rank, and name it, and then add permissions onto that rank.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by  Rogue_Art.
    #60523 Score: 0

ReconStrikeDelta
    Participant

I’d have to second what Rogue says since I did that on the old server I was on [There were about 12 assistant ranks I made and 5 member ranks I made]. We were able to specify member ranks and assistant ranks on my old server through a extension to the towny command. However I do not know of the name for that extension.

Overall this would be a great idea since I do also agree assistants have too much power and it would be good to be able to balance it out.

#60643 Score: 0

Psycho9
    Participant

@borncorp So if this was to be my decision I would make the perms for each towny rank:

1.Mayor( Could even change this name to Town Owner?): All the same perms as now, although if it was possible i think it would be handy to be about to remove chests and furnaces off people’s plots if they need to be cleared. Just make the time period longer before they can be cleared eg. 2 months?

2. Co-Mayor(or vice mayor): Majority of the same commands as the mayor just a different name, they can promote any rank below them. Also with the mayor and co-mayor if it is possible i think that a command would be good that only allows certain plots to be edited by only the 2 highest ranks. and not the assistants.

3. Assistant: Little less perms as the Co-Mayor, i don’t think they should be able to change the town board. Other than that basically the same

4. Helper (or trial assistant?): Can just be able to add people to the town.

#60646 Score: 0

Trevish
    Blocked

@Psycho9 For Helper, they must be able to add residents, sell plot.Thats all because new residents will obviously ask to get a plot

#60647 Score: 0

GrassFae
    Participant

I don’t think that mayors should get lwc bypass because its entirely 100% confirm people are going to be tempted to steal and grief. Just my opinion…
    Ps. Locked items are more efficient in clearning I have observed because you just give the cords and which chest you want to clear to us and we can get someone to do it.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 2 months ago by  GrassFae. Reason: ps!
    #60652 Score: 0

Psycho9
    Participant

Good point still, I’m liking everyone’s opinions. And what I send was just an example so everyone feel free to add your opinion :)

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!