Mob Arena – Mineshaft

Home Forums Minigames Map Sharing Mob Arena – Mineshaft

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Claustofobia 8 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Claustofobia
    Participant

It took me 6 hours to make this map, so sorry if I didn’t please you enough. Jerks.

Anyways, my first map after I left Minecraft… or sixth if you count my other maps before I left.

Pictures: http://imgur.com/a/FJI6F

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/download/6h878udo38awqou/Mob+Arena+-+Mineshaft.zip

Enjoy.

#120216 Score: 0

Foxy420
    Participant

Nice map! good job toni

#120217 Score: 0

DragonEngineer
    Participant

Not bad actually.

I does a bit of mapmaking and redstone stuff so here’s my suggestion

– You can have some logs lying flat and stacked in a pyramid shape, tied with “rails”
    – Mineshaft are not that bright actually, so you can try using redstone torch light level
    – You need more rails, long connected railway, as miners usually go by carts and transport goods by carts
    – You need to add more ores as decoration. A few traces of collapsed wooden beams, collapsed gravel pile and dirt piles will make it more realistic
    – You can scatter more chests and furnaces around.

Just some suggestions to make your map better.

#120221 Score: 0

Claustofobia
    Participant

1. – That would be for the surface, not a mine where you get rocks. Which gives me an idea for another map, thank you.

2. – It’s bright because if it’s dark enough, monsters will spawn. It needs to be bright.

3. – I followed the concept of Mineshafts from the game, so broken rails like that would make it look simple.

4. – Too many ores will make it look ugly. I tried.

5. – I wanted to put them in one area, to make the rest of the rooms more “Natural”.

#120240 Score: 0

DragonEngineer
    Participant

Actually in mob arena, mobs are not spawned naturally,it is spawned by plugin. So if you put at low light level natural mobs would not spawn

#120254 Score: 0

Claustofobia
    Participant

I did see mobs appearing in Mob Arenas while the game didn’t start, but it turns out it’s a glitch when the server closes.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!