I guess this is farewell

Home Forums Global General Discussion I guess this is farewell

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  jwidja 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

Well, it’s been a great 3 1/2 years. I joined the server (in survival) on Oct 5, 2012, but I was playing around August and September way before that on Creative. I first joined the server when my friend, TruuMoo (something like that) wanted to show me his creative builds. After that I started playing survival and it become one of the most servers I’ve ever been to.

I was confused back then because I didn’t know there was a survival server, I thought it was just a creative server with some weird things people were talking about. Back then, creative and survival both had different IPs, so you’d need to list both to go to either of them. Nhu was the first one who messaged me the IP and that’s how I joined survival.

When I joined survival, I didn’t know much to do, so I just went and farmed endermen for money. I bought gear from a guy (his name had Mexican somewhere) and we soon became friends. I joined his town, and it was a floating water island town just like the old LaRogueLand. I was only there for a couple months, but I had done a lot of work there as assistant, and I even have a video of it (ask me on Skype if you want it, I don’t think I’m allowed to share it here since I think it shows other servers’ IPs). Eventually, it ended because I think the owner’s cousin took his account and basically destroyed his town, making me leave along with marioman (his name had some numbers on there).

Then I made LaRogueLand in the middle of the ocean, to do things that my old town never did. Our first resident had his name start with snow or something, but he became a great assistant, and started LaRogueLand. However, by a couple months, both of them were caught for x-ray and permbanned.

I ended up finding new assistants, and stuff so it wasn’t really that bad. However, I tried out for mod at that time, and surprisingly I got mod, but not in the server that I wanted–I got it for creative. So I was kinda salty because even back then Creative was kind of not very special compared to Survival. So there was a mod named Toblerone back then, and he seemed kinda sketchy. So I decided to go on an alt and see if he was just faking or if he actually likes me. I thought that he was faking, so I was kinda pissed. Being the immature idiot I was at that time, I got demoted from creative and had gotten a fine because I had griefed his town.

I then decided to forget about the past, and try to make the best town ever. I ended up with one of the largest towns in population, and a decently sized one in landmass by 2014.

Mid 2014 was the golden age of LaRogueLand, because I had a lot of active players (up to 30 at a point) with a lot of active assistants. My town had become the biggest in population, biggest in active residents, and a giant town in size, but certainly not the biggest.

By late 2014, I had a dilemna. If I wanted to become mod, I couldn’t use my tactics to grow my town, so I decided I wanted to become a mod to help things with EC, and hopefully clear my name. Of course, my town started dying, as my assistants went inactive, and some of them even went to other towns. By August 2014 I had become a trial mod.

During 2015, EC, especially survival started to dwindle down. There just weren’t as many active players. There was no competition between players and most of the old mods had started resigning. I think we lost like 20 mods because they all resigned one after another.

Another problem was that we had two new owners, who weren’t as good as borncorp (No offense) and some poor decisions were made as a result. I ended up strengthening most of the mod team by getting a lot of new mods, especially AnderZENZ, who became the survival manager.

At that time I pushed for an SV reset, which I thought could fix everything and could potentially bring SV back to what it is, but the problem was this. We wanted to have 2 weeks or so to reset it, but we got less than one, so a lot of features were never added. In fact, we lost players because we had a new world with pretty much nothing changed. I resigned because I knew that the problem was bad, and nothing a guardian mod could do would solve it.

At that time, Ander pushed the rest of the mod team to try to work toward success, but he ended up failing, until ZeekingRiver resigned. Then RiverRunner gained ownership, but he failed that the responsibility was too great, so finally Ander got SV manager. Although he was trying to do a substantial amount of work, the news that EC was closing made it no longer worthwhile to save SV.

SV and the rest of EC died from the poor choices and simple mistakes that we made. In the end, there was no one to save it…

————————————————————————————
    If you want to keep in touch add me at live:altoraries, I’ll be in Skype for a couple years at least. Also I don’t want to be a mod anymore, not very fun these days, so don’t expect me to be there in the new EC servers that are being made.

If you’re wondering about what I’m doing these days, I’m mostly playing Dirty Bomb, CS:GO, and occasionally some minecraft mod packs. I’m also watching a lot of cartoons/anime lately.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by  Rogue_Art.
    • This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by  Rogue_Art.
    #134507 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

Normally I would say “Whoa whoa Rogue, don’t give me so much credit” But to be honest, everything he said was true .-. The mod team fell apart within the past 15 months

#134514 Score: 0

megaseth
    Participant
    41 pts

rip

#134515 Score: 0

Xavier
    Participant
    9 pts

Honestly rogue i always hated you but we had to cooperate when we were both mods. Goodbye best frenemy 😉

#134518 Score: 0

Mr_Tito361
    Participant
    -5 pt

Good Bye

#134525 Score: 0

Dicedead
    Participant
    3 pts

Agent has tried to make me join LRL, but I didn’t want to leave Australia for reasons that are useless to mention here. It was a nice town, not as beautiful as Omega’s, though very well organized.
    You forgot to mention promoting Ander was a controversial move. Mods, especially in Survival, are supposed to have a good reputation among the community while Ander and Tavon were still known for their will to increase their count of forum replies at any cost. They stopped in February (at most, probably earlier) but you know how people remember the bad points of period of someone. Not to mention Ander was a lot more into Prison than Survival – right?

Great to know we’ll still debate geo-political issues on skype 😉 (most of the time it’s midnight for me, and I’m sleepy and all, and you ask me “Hey, who benefits from ISIS more in your opinion? Saudi Arabia, Irak,..? And if it were to fall down, who would have the most to win?” I truly love sharing and debating ideas, but not at midnight after a hard busy day haha. 😛 )
    Well, lastly, goodbye Rogue! Wish we could’ve met more in-game. 😐

~Drumming Dice! {DD}

PS:
    Did you know, I thought you were promoted in Survival a first time, then demoted, then promoted again? Maybe someone has told me but I’ve totally forgotten that. #MemoryTroublesStartingEarly
    And, “I joined the server (in survival) on Oct 5, 2013” and not 2015. Someone had to point it out anyway, you’re free to kill me. 😛

#134529 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

It’s actually Oct 5, 2012, but I could’ve joined on Oct 5, 2015 and went back in time. I also skipped most of the less important details like how exactly the EC mod team started to die, or what happened when I was trying to become mod, since that would make the most really boring and really long, and make some of it pretty cringey as well.

• This reply was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by  Rogue_Art.
    #134533 Score: 0

jwidja
    Participant

Leaves from the vine
    Falling so slow
    Like fragile, tiny shells
    Drifting on the flow

Little soldier boy
    Come marching home
    Brave soldier boy
    Comes marching home
    Good luck in the future

#134536 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

Wait isn’t that from avatar the last airbender?

#134537 Score: 0

DemacianCrafter
    Participant

^ It is

#134552 Score: 0

jwidja
    Participant

FIANLLY SOMEONE WHO RECOGNIZES IT!!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!