Goodbye, Or Increased Inactivity???

Home Forums Global Off topic Goodbye, Or Increased Inactivity???

This topic contains 119 replies, has 22 voices, and was last updated by  Trevish 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)
  • Author

Timothy
    Participant

Thx again JiaZheng2707! Also, where do you study now?

#111704 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

If you get at least a passing grade, I’ll give each of you a cookie :’)

#111705 Score: 0

DragonEngineer
    Participant

I study Games Design and Development because of my interest in designing games :)

Not that I wasted my opportunity to go study in a good Junior College, but I do well to fulfil my dreams.

#111706 Score: 0

Anonymous

Oh damn that long list of tips…

Thank you everyone, btw 6 A1s is hard for me, I think 5 A1s is possible also

Ander, Passing grade is C6, and getting 6 C6s means a ‘fail’ because you cant get anywhere, you need at least 6 B3s and obviously my target is 5 A1s

#111944 Score: 0

Anonymous

Stressful Bump

#112939 Score: 0

Anonymous

View post on imgur.com

Seems like:

Monday – Thursday: 7.25am – 2.40pm

Friday: 7.25am – 12.40pm

#112954 Score: 0

takoballball
    Participant

Just practice ur TYS multiple times that would be sufficient and follow most of the stuff jiazheng said ESPECIALLY SLEEPING EARLY BEFORE YOUR EXAMS. Ahem maths ahem u might type wrong numbers xD

#112958 Score: 0

Anonymous

Thanks Tako…

I know my school hours more than you do. What I wrote is correct, the timetable is not large enough…

#113089 Score: 0

Anonymous

Good Glaceon o’ Clock People!

Bumping this, to let everyone know about my inactivity…

#113180 Score: 0

DemacianCrafter
    Participant

Good Luck Ores! :3 The test would be easy for you cuz’ I know you’re smart. Hoping for your immediate return 😀 Good Luck!
    -Demaciaa!!!

#113182 Score: 0

DragonEngineer
    Participant

A1 for combined humanities ah.

#113184 Score: 0

DragonEngineer
    Participant

Here’s a bit of tips for Source Based Case Study for Social Studies papers.

– Evaluate the question, support your answers with evidences from sources and background information (content) with sound reasoning (elaboration)

– Background information only contains fact. Sources not supported by background information are ALL opinions. Political cartoons are always opinions.

– Photographic sources are not very useful or reliable because they only show what happened at the time the photo was taken, and can be posed.

– Use “I.C.E” (I hope you know what are them)
    – Use “P.A.O” (for purpose questions)

– When making comparison, ensure you have comparison criterion. And at least answer “Content” level before attempting higher level answers (Tone/Purpose). Because if you only write Tone/Purpose and got them wrong, you get 0 marks for that question immediately.

– For usefulness question and reliability, always give 2 sides / aspects (useful and not useful, reliable and not reliable). Then focus on one aspect in greater details for higher level answers. Only if the source is very useful/reliable or not very useful/reliable. Then write just one side / aspect will do.

– Same goes for the “Are you surprised by…” question.

– You can write your answers based on typicality. Meaning if that a person making this source is biased or not biased. Here are the cases
    1: Person A (From Party A) supports Party A – The source is biased unless balanced
    2: Person A (From Party A) does not support Party B – This source is biased unless balanced
    3: Person A (From Party A) supports Party B – This source is not biased
    4: Person A (From Party A) does not support Party A – This source is not biased.

– Do not “re-write the question”. For example: How useful is this source as evidence about the Cod War? Your answer should not start with “This source is (not) useful as evidence about the Cod War”. The evidence (does not) contain(s) useful information about what? You should write things like “This source is useful as evidence about European countries are overfishing near Iceland which started the Cod War”.

– Compare usefulness question (2010)
    You compare how useful each sources are, not similarities and differences. This is also one of the most difficult type of questions around.

Time management: Social Studies paper is 1 hour 45 minutes. You should spend 1 hour on Source Based Questions and 45 minutes on the essay questions. Spend a good 10 minutes to analyse all the sources and background information. Highlight key words if needed to.
    I hope you will find these tips useful, ace your combined humanities!

#113185 Score: 0

Timothy
    Participant

I have all deez notes in my paperz…

#113186 Score: 0

takoballball
    Participant

No wonder i was wondering how come somethings are different. The syllabus changed i forgot that i was the last batch haha. Damn i feel old

#113188 Score: 0

DragonEngineer
    Participant

I am the first batch to take the new Combined Humanities syllabus 2204.

For Paper 1 Social Studies, SBQ now stands 35 marks, SEQ now decreased to 15 marks. Given 1 hour 45 minutes.

The other papers (Paper 2 to 7) are 1 hour 40 minutes each. I took geography and the new thing added is Geographical Investigation.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 120 total)

The topic ‘Goodbye, Or Increased Inactivity???’ is closed to new replies.

Posted by at

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!