Deleting Inactive Towns.

Home Forums Survival General discussion Deleting Inactive Towns.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  danielroymc 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

As you know, I’ve been trying my best to see what can help out our server. These days I see many inactive towns, not even one resident active and these thing use up quite a lot of data on the server.(A little bit off topic story)Back in the day when we didn’t have that much RAM, towns took a lot of RAM so we could only have so many towns. (On to the topic here) If towns took that much data, this might be causing lag. And since inactive towns are basically land hogs as well as data hogs. We should make a signing slip and we should make it so that the town’s mayors put their town’s name in so it gets saved. The towns without the names on will be deleted which will say a lot of data and RAM to the server. Thus killing some lag.
    Note: The signing slip idea will only be done if this gets approved by an authority with enough power or by with enough vote ups for this to happen.

• This topic was modified 10 years, 5 months ago by  Rogue_Art.
    #50833 Score: 0

Xavier3479
    Participant

Meh Vote down.

#50834 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Vote down: the upkeep does this already.

My town is somewhat CONSIDERED a ghost town lol… Rarely people log in except for me and a few assistants and a few players.

I say the 4k upkeep is really doing it’s job for sure.

#50836 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

But what’s a 4k upkeep to a 400,000 dollar inactive town, that’s a 100 days of it being alive.

#50837 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Okay: people have excuses to be awawy, removing people’s town is an bad idea.

i am not liking ur suggestions

#50840 Score: 0

stargate2001
    Participant

Ltr people suddenly online see their town deleted when they got lots of stuff they rage at you then you’ll know.

Vote Down.

#50845 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

I can say, rogue: u were unactive for a while: do you want your town deleted?

#50850 Score: 0

Dicedead
    Participant
    3 pts

Mhm.. Upkeep already do this, somehow. Each week, 5-6 mini (or big) towns fall.

#50851 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Numbers aren’t that high lol

#50867 Score: 0

maxminoS
    Participant
    7 pts

Vote Down, the mods have talked about this before, and we end up not agreeing for this and raise the upkeeps instead.

#50870 Score: 0

ButterNinja8
    Participant

Ehh Middle Vote

#50873 Score: 0

Zupers
    Participant
    1 pt

Completely vote down. Deleting inactive towns seems really unfair. What happens if the owner has put enough money in his bank so when they come back they can continue working on it? My town Sunsetcove recently fell due to me not putting in more money for the upkeep, so I have to accept my mistake.

If I had come back and I was told “Your towns fallen because you have not been on for a while and its talking up too much space” I would be rather shocked.

I see no need to wipe other peoples creations until the town actually falls due to upkeep.

-Zupers

#50878 Score: 0

GodProxy
    Participant

Sorry zupers but I actually griefed it xD

#50884 Score: 0

takoballball
    Participant

Vote down. Its unfair for people who calculated properly to maybe come back after a while. And suddenly, their town got deleted. Towns will fall if they do not meet the upkeep.

#50890 Score: 0

Xavier3479
    Participant

Like some of the mods said this has been discusesed before and instead they just increased the upkeep.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!