Bugs or Bs?

Home Forums Prison Reports Bugs or Bs?

This topic contains 26 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  Own7ge 8 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Claim: Prison should spend more time fixing the bugs that exist instead of covering it up and ignoring them.

Evidence:
    -http://eternalcraft.com/forums/topic/1-8-or-not-ready/
    1.8 player issue. ^
    -http://eternalcraft.com/forums/topic/l-mods-buggy/
    Crackshot items issue^
    -Donor Mining Explosives
    Does not blow up sometimes

Reasoning:
    I like to mention that I ask mods ingame and tell other mods, and also make posts on the forums. I don’t see any fixes for them at all, or sometimes no feedback.

First, the issue with 1.8 is that we cannot see some players ingame. They can pvp and kill you easily and you can’t see them. THat is pretty much just like an advantage for 1.7 players. Ec has already moved on to 1.7 – 1.8. If prison does not support 1.8, you should not include the 1.8 protocol hack.

Second, the issue with MODS or CRACK SHOT is that it’s extremely glitchy. It will interfere with the [ANTi HACK PLUGIN] and the bugs still exist today. The head moderator Banana says that

Will fix asap, thanks for reporting

but, was it actually fixed?

Lastly, the donor explosives are bugged…. THey don’t work sometimes and we are just wasting the explosives while mining/blowining nothing. I reported this bug to Breezay multiple times and gave me her donor explosives. As a result, I cannot use them because I am not the same rank as her.

P.S. Issues should be treated as priority and fix them, not with statements like “WILL FIX ASAP” and no solutions were given. Recommendation is not fixing a bug, the bug still exist.

#104602 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Questions:

How does Clear Lag help reduce lag?
    What is the advantage of Clear Lag removing minecarts in our plots?

#104603 Score: 0

Levisor
    Participant

I suggest you guys fix every bugs before adding other bugs features ;D

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by  Levisor.
    #104605 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

…..

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by  2Federal.
    #104609 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

“No Pain, No Game”

When you are at the rank of Admin and Headmod, you have tasks to do and one of those are fixing bugs. Addressing these bugs to the mods is something that should be taken seriously.

Becoming mod is voluntary, you don’t need to be a mod in all servers. I don’t push my self and get my self behind. I like to enjoy my real life and take things slowly, and put things.

If they are busy, they wouldn’t be here to add more updates :).
    Some of these bugs are as fast as some of their updates, so you can’t really compare.

I have evidence and reasoning. Thanks.
    ================
    Tavon’s orginal message:

Wither, you should really chill out..

We don’t have many Headmods or Admins.. And I know they are trying there best! To fix almost everyone they can.
    If you didn’t know yet. Half of those mods are mods in other servers like Sv, Cr, and MG. So they don’t have ALL! the time in the world to fix but just some. Also knowing that school is almost out the mod team should! Be fixing the bugs.

Now I some what agree with you on this Topic. But then again i can’t becuase these guys are busy.

Your only a mod in two servers of EC. Banana, is a mod in almost all servers but Faction. So you think about how much work they have to do everyday!

Knowing Trollson, is back he will fix some of these bugs. Zero or Dark, said they will do Donor mines so you just chill out and wait like everyone esle.
    ======================

#104615 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

+

My alt’s rank got reset. Username is eyeyamstewpeed.

Question:
    Who will handle the refund?

#104634 Score: 0

PeterPlaysMC
    Participant

ikr… Clear lag is useless imo.
    And yeah, crackshot issues have not been fixed, I think.
    There used to be this F rank cure glitch but I don’t know if it got fixed.

#104636 Score: 0

Yaseen20
    Participant

ClearLag cleared my minecartz at meh plot D: like tons of em D: rip my iron! I don’t like it and since we got Auto PickUp, there’s no use for it..

#104646 Score: 0

Trevish
    Blocked

#Tavon
    If someone can’t handle all servers of EC,why do they choose to handle them?HA!For just the rank of course.Mods should only handle servers if they got enough time.
    #Wither
    Isn’t it abuse to show original message of tavon -_-?

#104648 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Let’s see your evidence shall we?

There are many ways to see a message. After browsers improved, tabs were created. More and more people in this world continue to multitask.

#nop3

#104657 Score: 0

deasertman
    1 pt

Speaking of ClearLag, I actually suggested that idea. Thing is, the other day I dropped a stack of leather, and mined at J Mine leaving quite a few drops behind, so after coming back like, 15 minutes later? They’re still there, even the stack of leather that was dropped in BM. Now, the drops from the mine probably didn’t despawn because they got moved/updated when the mine reset (if it did, I don’t remember), but the leather? Not sure why the vanilla 5minute despawn didn’t apply to it. So I thought about this becoming a mass issue and creating lag, and considering we have AutoPickup it wouldn’t be that big of a problem. (Ofcourse if they don’t make the reset every 5 minutes or something, that isn’t needed) At the time though, I forgot about minecarts, but that shouldn’t be a problem, can’t ClearLag be easily configged to not wipe them out?

EDIT

Just checked out this topic: http://eternalcraft.com/forums/topic/like-wtf-clearlag/

If ClearLag atm is being configged to immediately clear any dropped item, then that’s just stupid.. You should always take into consideration the fact that people do trades, or drop things by mistakes. Just make it clear items (disregarding minecarts) at an interval of like 30 minutes with ofcourse a warning message..

• This reply was modified 9 years ago by  deasertman.
    #104659 Score: 0

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

Nice idea Roy. 😉

#104666 Score: 0

AnderZENZ
    Participant
    19 pts

I’m in 100% Agreement wither, you get an A+ on this writing assignment 😉

#104692 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Clearly, ClearLag was added without testing and caused more bugs.

Nice Job.

#104718 Score: 0

Trollson
    Participant
    2 pts

What bugs did ClearLag cause? GG so much complaint without a proper example 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘Bugs or Bs?’ is closed to new replies.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!