Animal Limit Lowered

Home Forums Survival General discussion Animal Limit Lowered

This topic contains 17 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  borncorp 10 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

TheWrayth
    Participant

I logged into my farm today to find that several hundred of my animals were gone. Oh well stuff happens on this server so I start to rebuild. Now every time I breed a sheep or cow 30+ other animals disappear.

I contacted a mod (Bongo) only to find out that “Oh ya Born lowered the animal limit per chunk”. Great to know that this rule was being changed and now I am out hundreds of animals from my farm.

Just a warning to everyone else that large farms will no longer be tolerated.

TheWrayth

#25777 Score: 0

ReconStrikeDelta
    Participant

Thanks Wrayth
    Glad I don’t eat meat much on the server XP

#25780 Score: 0

Chibichuba
    Participant

Unfortunately there were some major lag issues that were directly tied with the mass of mobs per chunk.

#25788 Score: 0

danielxing
    Participant

Any exact numbers? I’m planning on starting a multilayered mob farm under Azn’s house.

#25805 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

Animals: 35 max per chunk
    Mobs: 35 max per chunk

#25806 Score: 0

TheWrayth
    Participant

This unannounced change has cost me hundreds of animal (perhaps a thousand) and about a hundred hours of effort. 35 mobs per chuck has crippled large scale farming will eliminate any large scale mob farm.

This seems like an extreme reaction to drop the limit so low.

My farms are now worthless and I am just glad that I remove wool, pork, beef and leather from my shop.

#25807 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

I know it was extreme, but since we made that change the lag spikes have been decreased a lot, the server has been stable and all.

Can you tell me how many animals do you think its fair to have in a 16×16 area?

#25809 Score: 0

TheWrayth
    Participant

16×16 squares? or 16×16 blocks of 16×16?

I had all my animals in pens spread out of a 10×10 section of 16×16 blocks. Now in the same space I can only have 30-40 animals.

#25810 Score: 0

valksoar
    Participant

So born does that mean in our mob grinderes we can have 35 mobs in the killing chamber or still 10 cause the 10 is in one chunk so is it 35 now?

#25820 Score: 0

TheWrayth
    Participant

Max 35. You mob grinder is now worthless

#25821 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

You have to kill them constantly so they can respawn, otherwise theres gonna be only 35 mobs.

#25822 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

AFK pools don’t matter anymore then :/

#25823 Score: 0

danielxing
    Participant

Unless you spread the mob grinder out over the view distance instead of making it higher.

#25825 Score: 0

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

Good change in my opinion, AFK pools and supermassive farms were a blight on this server, logging on to purposely go AFK is a wasted slot, and supermassive farms not only caused server lag but could cause clients to crash.

#25882 Score: 0

Bongo
    Participant

It has its ups and downs. I would say set them separate.

Friendly mobs (Animals, tamed wolfs & cats etc.) – 50-70 a chunk.
    Hostile mobs (Skele’s, zombies etc) – 20-30 a chunk.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!