about the plugin that locks stuff…

Home Forums Survival Plugin Request / Discussion about the plugin that locks stuff…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Dicedead 10 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

I’ve seen on other servers that use towny, chests/signs/doors/etc are only able to be /lock in towns, and ones outside of towns can not be locked.
    I’d love to see this on EC, I see areas like just past pvp hill and the random warp area that are full of furnace houses and sign greifings.

Also why are signs even lockable? That’s only ever a nuisance. Only things that can hold items should be lockable, and doors/trapdoors.

Only problem I see is potential abuse with towns unclaiming areas to get chests, perhaps there’s a way to make chests formerly from towns remain locked, i don’t know the specifics of the plugin.

And as for wilderness houses? They don’t deserve security of any sort, their stuff should be fair gain. If they want security they should join a town like everyone else.

Furthermore, I doubt this will happen, but… I’d like chests and other things that start off locked by default to be unlocked by default instead.
    Why? Bloody noobs keep joining my town, filling chests with dirt and cobble, and then leave my town with a locked chest preventing further town growth.
    Perhaps they don’t know about locking and think I can simply remove it like the rest of their stuff. I dunno. Annoying!

TLDR: ADCK wants your stuff!

#31462 Score: 0

Chibichuba
    Participant

Some of these securities are in place to be on the safe side, I hear you out but I feel more innocent people will lose items to this than convenience for land management. Hopefully Towny or us can work something out to sort this problem.

Some things I was thinking that certain protections only auto-lock if they are placed inside a town, and must be manually locked outside towns, to hopefully discourage spammers or filter clueless players. But unforunately Towny doesn’t have a hook for that with LWC yet.

#31507 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

I was thinking of not allowing people to build in wilderness, and only have the wild world as temporary place for these wildies, but idk if the community would like it. If I decide to go thru with it I will make an announcement in advance.

#31509 Score: 0

Chinoe
    Participant

This is actually a good idea but the one that born said i kinda dont like it cause it isnt fair for those people who does not wanna join a town and just build in the wild so yah i agree to adck and 60% disagree to born sorry :)

-EmperorChinoe

#32625 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

I would totally disagree with u born, if the wild is not able to build, then how to **** do u claim more land and etc? i am sort of confused about it. Do u mean that u can claim land and not break the wild only?

I guess that the /wild is like advantage for resources for x rayers to gather resources… when you can get some in survival..

#32628 Score: 0

Dicedead
    Participant
    3 pts

NOT BUILDING IN WILDERNESS?!!!???! I ve seen ALOT of bad ideas in my life dude but this one… Well cant even MINE D: what u can buy in shops for 50k,in wilderness u can get it even free with the /kit tools thingy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!