About the new farm rule…

Home Forums Survival General discussion About the new farm rule…

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  GodProxy 10 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

What’s the rules in regards to farms below ground, are farms only allowed between 0 to 30 or is it bedrock to 30?

Also, when this doesn’t fix the lag as all the previous attempts to fix the lag didn’t fix the lag for example changes to animal spawns, removing all the villagers, adding/removing various plugins, automatic farm debacle, can we get this one reverted? I put over 100 hours into building my farm, and to have a large part of it removed on yet another whim would be unfortunate.

The best way to fix the lag is to upgrade the outdated hardware, much more populated servers do not have the lag problems this server has, and none of them have had to create obscure rules such as this.

#57262 Score: 0

skills641
    Participant
    3 pts

it won’t be removed, you can either request it to be turned into items, or, if you make room, it can be broken down into parts, so it’s much wider.

Also, this did fix the lag. As for other servers, most survival servers have about 30 online (when it’s opened world) as for mini game type servers, you can have more since they are all in 1 small area and all the chunks can be loaded without a problem.

#57263 Score: 0

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

That is unfortunate, you also did not answer my question are farms only allowed between 0 (ground level) to 30 or is it bedrock to 30?

I can’t see myself sticking around after this, it is a bad change.

And like all the other “will fix the lag” solutions over the past year – it may work for a few days, but in the long run it is a band-aid solution.

#57264 Score: 0

skills641
    Participant
    3 pts

ah, the building itself 30 blocks, regardless if it is underground or in the sky

#57266 Score: 0

Xavier3479
    Participant

That really REALLY sucks skills… the server dosent even lag right now anyways…

#57268 Score: 0

takoballball
    Participant

Pretty ridiculous for even manual farms to be within 30 blocks.

#57270 Score: 0

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

Very well then, I request my farm be completely removed, but not moved or converted into items, as both are worthless to me, but instead converted into cash, here is the invoice:

6080 pistons @ $350 ea: $2128000
    6080 glowstone @ $30 ea: $91200
    12160 dirt @ $1 ea: $12160
    12160 cobblestone @ $10 ea: $121600
    6080 water @ $1 ea: $6080
    6080 watermelon seeds @ $35 ea: $212800
    * 100 hours labor for construction at $50 (real world USD) per hour: $5000 USD, converted into EC dollars as per donor ($1USD = $100000EC) = $500000000

TOTAL: $502,571,640

The loss of an iconic server landmark is priceless though, how many players have come through my melon farms doors over the years? Countless hundreds. The farm should be replaced with some equivalent monument.

The loss of income is estimated at $50000 per day, this is without me even using the farm, as the farm attracted people to my town, and to my shop.

#57271 Score: 0

Xavier3479
    Participant

^^^^^^^^

EXACTLY

#57273 Score: 0

takoballball
    Participant

Wao. well making ALL farms to be within 30 blocks manual or auto es gonna ruin Economy especially since the prices of stuff is so expensive now

#57275 Score: 0

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

And it will ruin the landscape, farms that once covered 1 plot will now have take up 9 plots, towns will be like 90% farm, 10% residential.

And then there’s the auto-farms, I fail to see how having 9 plots with a constantly running redstone clock & circuit would be less laggier than 1 plot doing the same but with 8 less clocks, because each plot will need an individual clock to ensure maximum efficiency as clocks won’t work in unloaded chunks.

#57276 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

I am open to suggestions. Maybe we could make a separate server just for farms, what do you guys think? Whats the best approach to this issue? I know nobody wants lag here, and hardware isnt the problem, the harware is top notch as it is, we cant upgrade it further.

#57278 Score: 0

takoballball
    Participant

I think anything would be better then the removal of our hardwork. but shouldnt manual farms be allowed? since you gotta harvest them one by one.

#57279 Score: 0

Wither
    Participant
    14 pts

Well, we make farms near spawn cause there are people roaming around. Without people, there is no point about farms. We use the people nearby to generate the growth of melons and then to sell those melons for money.

Im not really completely sure about what a new server for farms will be like

#57281 Score: 0

bleh
    Participant

I’m so sorry ADCK, but in regards to your farm, I found that your shop area was always super laggy, especially when I went near your farm, so that always put me off your shop area, so maybe this new farm rule would help? (It may be just me that experiences this, so I’m sorry ><)

My question with the farm is that does the actual 30 block bit start where the chests/hoppers start, or the flowing water, or the first layer of your farm item?

#57286 Score: 0

GodProxy
    Participant

I vote up on this…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!