A look back, of sorts

Home Forums Global Off topic A look back, of sorts

This topic contains 8 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Tytal1 5 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

F in the chat for Kobe
    Participant
    4 pts

Incoming long post.

So, with the server having been shut down a little over 3 years ago (Let it sink in for a moment), I thought I’d post a thread here about a few things.

What, if anything, do you wish you’d have done or learnt in your time at EC that you didn’t? – Whether that be that you’re learning it is now (as of time of you reading), and only now remembering the server, or you just never ended up doing whatever it may have been?
    As for me, I’ll admit, I was never really “in charge” a whole lot, never really acted as a sort of “team leader”, whether that be as Admin or HeadMod, and I’ll be honest in saying that, to this day, while I’ve definitely gotten a lot better at taking on responsibilities, and being able to at least situationally take charge, I still don’t see myself as a team leader.

Also, just out of curiosity, if you could pick three of your fondest memories of your time with us on EC, however that may be (directly on the server, with friends that you may’ve made through the server, or just life accomplishments/goals during that period in time), what would they be?

I recall having a specific friend back in the EC days (probably about 2014?) that was only ever really a casual player, somewhat infrequent on EC. I met them through a mutual hobby in person, and it was just ironic that we both were similarly interested in Minecraft. At that point, we were taking a sort of after-school class in electronics and programming. We were both interested in it, and where I went to the same school that it was being hosted at, he went to a nearby school, would travel about 10 minutes on foot to make it every Thursday. I bring this all up, because eventually, I’d had medical issues, so I didn’t have it in me to keep going, but he’d kept going. Eventually, he got into programming as more of a hobby, and on a server he’d be on frequently, one of the mods (with whom he was friends on Skype at the time) had asked him to make a custom plugin for a project he was working on. A few days later, friend got back to the mod with the finished product, ended up getting a few bucks on Paypal, and afterwards that turned into something he’d get paid for. He’d make custom plugins, and then eventually a few mods, then from there he got approached by an actual company (I don’t recall the name of them, unfortunately, else I’d get back in contact with him) who’d got him onboard.
    Long story short, he got a job from Minecraft.

At the time, I’d just left a town, wanted to wander around to see what else was in the world that I could explore. In doing so, I found an at the time fairly small town, with only two guys in it. I’d asked if I could join, and lo and behold, they invited me to their town. Now, over the course of a few days I would help were I could, eventually got given more permissions, and then one horrendous day, there was a problem. I’d logged on, and was, for whatever reason, in the middle of nowhere it seemed. I checked to see where my town was, tried /home, but to no avail. The town I was in, Storm, was missing. Messaged the town owner & assistant, reigorcacca & genius (respectively), and they were really disappointed, and ironically enough, didn’t end up playing much after that point. I contacted Born, asked if he could do anything, but all he could do is give me a refund. Sure, who could say “No” to a stack of diamond blocks & $500,000? I wanted to, I was distraught. All that work, for nothing. Ended up just roaming around after that, got killed by some guy using kill aura, lost my diamond blocks, and with the Creative server being new at the time, I stupidly transferred most of my money. I do fondly remember spamming potions and XP bottles, dropping people’s frame rate and having a hearty laugh, but then they ended up getting banned, and while I can’t imagine I was the only one that did it, I feel as though I was a big play in it. Oops.

Lastly, let me just shamelessly plug my old mod app (Also, can I just ask, Born, if you can find it, please post a copy of it, or at least send a copy to me directly on Discord or something. Please, I’d love to see how terrible it was haha).
    I’ve genuinely spent a couple of hours just going through old forum posts (Admittedly, just trying to find an old friend), and in doing so, it reminded me of applying for mod, eventually being promoted to Expertmod by Xavier, and again to GuardianMod by Pie, then to Admin (alongside Psycho) by Born, then to Headmod. It’s still so surreal that, while I wasn’t on the survival very long (“only” since 2012), for the longest time, I just wanted to be helpful, had no intention of applying for mod, then noticing when my mod app was quite successful, to my surprise even some of the mods wanted me to apply, how much fun it was to be a mod.
    I’m not even kidding. Originally, I didn’t have any plans to apply for mod. It was just that, over time, I’d notice people telling me specific things, and I remember at least Xavier said he was waiting for me to apply for a while, or something similar to that, at least.
    As I’ve said in a previous forum post, I do kinda regret resigning when I did. I left a few months or so prior to the server shutting down. I was originally planning on resigning a hell of a lot earlier – it would’ve been a couple of weeks or so before Born asked Psycho and I to be Admins, that I was considering resigning for personal reasons.

I apologise if this is rambly, but hey, it’s been a while, and it’s also about 2:30 AM

#140225 Score: 1

2Federal
    Participant
    12 pts

What’s crazy is that I really come back around to check up on this website still after 3 long years, just to see what’s everyone still talking about inside this small community. I personally don’t play Minecraft anymore due to me growing up and out of it, never thought I’d say that when I was 11 Years old, but here Am I almost 18 years old and playing other games…. I will admit I do log onto my Minecraft Account every once and a while to see the bigger servers, heck maybe I’ll play a few game modes for a good 20 mins or so, but I’ll never have that feeling that EC always gave me.

Also, I’m happy for your friend for getting a job from Minecraft, that’s pretty badass.

#140226 Score: 0

ZeBlitzKiller
    Participant
    13 pts

I wish I could learn more when EC was at its prime..

Like Fed said, getting a job from Minecraft is insane. Have fun dude

#140227 Score: 0

borncorp
    Keymaster
    23 pts

Awesome story megaSeth010. The part that really resonated to me was how your eagerness to help brought you into a leadership role due even though it wasn’t your intention. When I created EC I wasn’t shooting to be a permanent leader, I was just trying to save the Whocraft community after their server closed. Like you, I just wanted to help in any way I could and provide a place for the community. It’s amazing the things you can do for a community and how that experience changes you and makes you grow.

You were a great headmod megaSeth010. Thanks for helping us bring joy to so many people. I speak in behalf of everyone in the server when I say that. Take care dude.

#140228 Score: 0

Aidan Nye
    Participant
    12 pts

Your mod app was posted on Aug 1st 2014, titled

megaSeth020’s Moderator Application

but I don’t believe they’ll be a copy of what it contained anywhere ;(

#140232 Score: 3

Bender
    Participant
    12 pts

I remember this one guy who was always online. By no means were we close. Just decent friends I guess. One day he stopped coming online and ever since then it’s made me realise that people can come and go just like that. I try to make the most of the time I have with my friends and that whole story is the reason why I use the name ‘Stress’ as a secondary IGN (named after him).
    I fucking hate that I’m not in contact with everyone on the server. Rarely, I’ll just be up at night thinking about all the amazing memories I made on EC. All the people I met. God, it sucks to think that most of it is gone. I was 12 when I joined the server and now I’m 18.

Honestly though, if it wasn’t for Minecraft I wouldn’t have found the desire to create videos. Sure, most of what I’ve made is usually just shit post memes, but it’s something that I enjoy. I’m finally able to create somewhat decent montages, amvs and edits of LoL gameplay all thanks to years of just getting to understand Sony Vegas and that all happened because my original desire at the age of 12 was to make financial gain through becoming a Minecraft Youtuber. Lol. Thinking about it now, I don’t care about the money when creating videos. It makes me so happy to create something and share it with friends. Getting more views than expected is such a wonderful feeling.

The last thing I’ll say is that it really inspires me to see that, even years after, there’s still somewhat of a small community left. It feels as if a few people don’t want to let go and I praise them for that because, well, letting go sucks.

#140233 Score: 0

ZeBlitzKiller
    Participant
    13 pts

#140246 Score: 0

alex31298
    Participant
    1 pt

Yo.. people still here. #bringbackEC?

#140267 Score: 0

Tytal1
    Participant
    1 pt

Hey bender idk if you remember me, i sold you a spider head for 30000$ on the server, idk why i remember that lmao

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!