1.7.8 Update Notes by raz04thund34

Home Forums Survival General discussion 1.7.8 Update Notes by raz04thund34

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  RazorThunder 10 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

RazorThunder
    Participant

1.7.8 is out! It just came with the support of NAME CHANGING (which I will never ever ever do) for Premium (I am one) users. It will also be a preparation to Minecraft 1.8. I have Pros and Cons for updating to 1.7.8.

PROS:
    – Beneficial to other Premium users
    – Preparation to 1.8
    – Fixes some crashes
    CONS:
    – Premium server is to Premium users; Cracked server is to Cracked users
    Reason: That is very bad. I tried making a LAN game on my house and
    I tested it on my cousin’s and my relatives who are playing
    Cracked Minecraft but the game simply crashes. But if I join into
    their games, I can enter because I logged into my Premium account.
    1.7.8 cannot ping mc.eternalcraft.com either because of this.
    – Some plugins that are not yet updated for 1.7.8

So HeadMods and Born, please take note of this as your guide if you decide to update EternalCraft. Thank you for reading this!

—— Source of the news ——

https://mojang.com/2014/04/minecraft-1-7-6/

#63662 Score: 0

PirateBooty
    Participant

We usually wait to update until plug-ins are up to date with the version. As for the cracked LAN server thing, I thought it was always like that.

#63675 Score: 0

Rogue_Art
    Participant
    16 pts

The name changing is gunna be fun… I bet there’s gonna be that one guy who keeps changing his name every five minutes for his premium and do some random things in the server.

#63678 Score: 0

Dicedead
    Participant
    3 pts

Wait wait wait..
    Premium servers it for premium players, (it’s ok till now, but here..)Cracked servers for cracked players.”
    That means premium users will not be able to join the server?

#63773 Score: 0

RazorThunder
    Participant

@Dicedead: I tried 1.7.8 and it can’t ping EternalCraft (unknown host), but it can ping Premium servers on Premium mode.

What Mojang said:

“Unfortunately the 1.7.6 and newer versions are not compatible with 1.7.5 (or earlier) servers. Please update your servers to 1.7.8, this is also an important step to prepare them for the upcoming 1.8 release. Servers should automatically update all player profiles to the new format, but please make sure that you are in the correct server mode (online mode/offline mode) when you start the 1.7.7 server for the first time, because profiles are not compatible between these two server modes.”

#63775 Score: 0

RazorThunder
    Participant

Another con:
    Everybody using McSkinSearch would not be able to see their skins, except if they log on using a premium account that has skins (online mode)

#63779 Score: 0

ADCKnight
    Participant
    2 pts

There won’t be any split between cracked and premium in 1.7.8, you’ve just come to the wrong conclusion on your own there.
    When EC eventually updates to 1.8 both premium and cracked will still be able to play it.
    And it’s doubtful born will update the server to the 1.7.8 he’d likely wait until then next major patch (1.8) before updating… Just FYI

• This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by  ADCKnight.
    #63781 Score: 0

Djgamer741
    Participant

Rogue , Mojang are trying to implement That the name change not to be abused and Its either theyll diable the name change after a certain amount of time

#63782 Score: 0

Djgamer741
    Participant

Accidentally posted two

• This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by  Djgamer741.
    #63788 Score: 0

RazorThunder
    Participant

@ADCK: Okay. I agree.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by  RazorThunder.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!